LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
I don't think many people read, lol.

CAN you get a cooler that works with the stock cooler bracket?
Pushpin HSFs should work. The Scythe Yasya is very good in terms of noise and it performs extremely well considering pushpins make pretty low performance mounting systems. You should be able to get one for ~$40.
Old November 24, 2010, 07:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

that would require removing the bracket.. I forget if you have to get underneath the motherboard for that or not. (yes?)

In which case you might as well install a proper bracket.
Old November 24, 2010, 07:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
that would require removing the bracket.. I forget if you have to get underneath the motherboard for that or not. (yes?)

In which case you might as well install a proper bracket.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Socket_AM3.jpg

Shouldn't have to, the screws are all on top, the backplate is bolted on. Most "proper" brackets won't have a backplate for AM3 sockets anyhow, as the socket itself has one.

EDIT: pic is kinda big
Old November 24, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

right right I remember now, but you have to get to the backplate anyways, still requiring backside access.
Old November 24, 2010, 08:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Either of the solutions I posted will mount without any removal.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 24, 2010, 08:18 PM
Banned
F@H

good call, but wasnt it a bit higher like 75? i know the new intel chips can go another 20 over that easy without burning up, at least in the short term.

still, he probably needs to do something before the 212+ or v6gt reaches him.

the same exact thing i did bout 30 minutes ago on some dudes puter who is waiting for a better cooler in the mail. amd chip, quad core,c2.
dropped vcore a tad, and put the fan at max 75%. he can now hear what other people are saying :)
Old November 26, 2010, 08:03 AM
Rookie

Thanks for the feed back.

I am planning to go with the Zalman CNPS9900, seems like it has everything i need, and not having to remove the motherboard from the case is much appreciated. Ive had Zalman fans in the past and they have always worked well.

Nick
Old November 26, 2010, 04:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natamanchuk View Post
Thanks for the feed back.

I am planning to go with the Zalman CNPS9900, seems like it has everything i need, and not having to remove the motherboard from the case is much appreciated. Ive had Zalman fans in the past and they have always worked well.

Nick
I've had 3 CNPS9900 since they came out. Still going strong , I think You'll be happy with the arrangement.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com