Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9, 2010, 08:32 PM
Rookie

Default Where to buy Lamptron Fan Controller ?

Hi all.

Just wondering if any of you might know of a source in Canada where I can order a Lamptron fan controller (either FC-6 or the FC-5 version2) ?

NCIX used to list the FC-5, but hasn't for some time now. I know Performance-PCs in the U.S. carries them, but are all sold out right now. (Plus, I was hoping to find a Canadian seller.)

Thanks in advance for any help you can pass my way !
Old November 9, 2010, 09:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

Hey man, in my search and talking with one of the reps, NCIX would be your only option. And looks like your out of luck.

At least this was the situation 5 months ago, might have changed but I doubt it.
Old November 11, 2010, 07:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

It took quite some time before I got my FC-5. I would do as I did, and email Lamptron and ask them if an order went out to NCIX and when.
Old November 11, 2010, 08:39 PM
Rookie

Thanks, folks.

I was afraid that would be the response. And actually, I DID email Lamptron directly (from the "Contact Us" section of their website). Believe it or not, I asked them if they had any other Canadian retailers I could deal with, AND, if they knew if NCIX would ever stock either model.
That was about 2 months ago, and no reply as of today. Oh well.......not the first time an email has gone unanswered !

Next up.....an email I've sent off to NCIX sales department. I guess I really have no choice in retailers if I don't want to import one myself.

Thanks again, and if anyone else knows of another source, I'm all ears !
Old November 12, 2010, 05:42 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

let me know if you get some news, also e-mailed lamptron about the fc-5/6 a while ago.

My Boinc Stats
Old November 13, 2010, 12:59 PM
MVP
F@H

There's a couple of FC6's on eBay right now.
Old November 14, 2010, 03:40 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I remember having to wait weeks and weeks before NCIX got the FC-5 in (I think it was due to a revision on the FC-5?). This was way back in...April/May I think. It seems they have had some difficulty in getting stock in for these products.
Old November 14, 2010, 03:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you inport them buy 5 or 10 make some new in BST section. Pm Gav see if he will buy them in fore you and put them in store section or Dazomode ?

Lamptron Touch Fan Controller Video Review

the 6 seems to have noise isues this one is silent as a mouse

Not in stores coming soon ! 69.99 SRP

Last edited by ZZLEE; November 14, 2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old November 14, 2010, 09:13 PM
Rookie

Well, I don't think I want to go the e-bay route, if I can avoid it. And I have been watching NCIX for any stock since early summer. Even trying to find an American dealer with them "In-stock" is a challenge. And besides, I was trying to avoid getting nailed with all those pesky duties,tariffs,brokerage fees,etc. that I have in the past. Besides, I try to shop Canadian whenever possible. I guess I just find it kinda strange (and frustrating) that Lamptron has only ONE dealer/retailer in Canada ? For real ? Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to hear back from my query to NCIX-sales team........... If I learn anything, I'll post it here. Thanks again.
Old November 17, 2010, 05:55 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I was looking for the FC5v2 myself and cannot find anything either. Please let us know what you find out from NCIX.