Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27, 2010, 04:25 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I was able to obtain one through this site: Lamptron FC5 Fan Controller 30 Watt Per Channel Multi-Color Display Version 2: CrazyPC Computers

It is through a US site, and I paid about $75 CDN total for the unit plus shipping.
Old November 30, 2010, 08:26 PM
Rookie

Yeah, I have seen (and been slightly tempted) them on several U.S. sites. I just have been *really* burned before on duties,brokerage fees & tarriffs when importing stuff in the past. Besides.....if Lamptron actually lists NCIX as their (only!) CDN seller, I really would hope & expect to be able to buy one there. Crazy thought, I know.....

Anyways, still waiting to hear back from NCIX. I did get a nice email the other day apologizing for the delay in answering me, and promising to look further into the matter and get back to me. Fingers crossed.
Old December 22, 2010, 08:40 PM
Rookie

**UPDATE- as promised**
Well, I eventually DID get a sales rep from NCIX to order the black FC-6 for me, and it's sitting at my local Purolator warehouse waiting for me to pick it up tommorow.
The good news..... looks like NCIX brought in a few more with mine ( but I do mean a few-- online stock checker showing like 4 left or so). Price is $59.99.
The bad news.... error on their webpage lists weight as "22 lbs", so I got nailed on shipping charges. I've sent them an email to fix it & save future customers from overpaying for shipping.

No FC-5's appearing, in fact NCIX lists it as "No longer available". So if the FC-6 can handle your needs at 20 watts per channel, I'd grab one of them fast before the go out of stock for 5 or 6 months again.
Hope this helps someone.
Happy Holidays!!
Old December 24, 2010, 03:08 PM
MVP

My System Specs

The Lamptron FC6 is nice, but I needed at least 30 watts per channel. I had to pay out of my arse to get it but I think it was worth it.