Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 17, 2010, 09:04 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Lamptron Touch Fan Controller Video Review Comment Thread

The fan controller market has been pretty stagnant over its long lifetime, with the only real changes coming when manufacturers were able to introduce LCD's for their products. Now Lamptron is taking things to the next level by introducing a fan controller with a touch screen interface. Their aptly named "Touch" incorporates all the features one would expect from a high end controller and then some. In this review we take the Touch for a spin to see if it has what it takes to be known as the next evolution in fan controller design.

[ Read full article ]
Old October 17, 2010, 09:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice review of a pretty nice product! Just a quick question. The NZXT sentry 2 screen is a bit lung ( duno if it's the right word :) ) when you press it. Have this one the same issue or the screen is more solid??

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 17, 2010, 10:46 PM
Banned
F@H

nice. but how do you chose 97% speed, for example, without trying a couple times? i love their products, but ill stick to the traditional knobbed versions for the time being.
Old October 17, 2010, 11:40 PM
MVP

I'm thinking that this touch screen with a physical knob for adjusting speed would have been win.
Old October 18, 2010, 02:07 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Nice review and an interesting product. Must be a tough sell these days for Fan controlllers as modern motherboards have some nice fan/temperature controls built in (ASUS Q-Fan Abit Fan-EQ etc..).

Another Guy From Canada
Old October 20, 2010, 06:42 AM
MVP

My System Specs

It would have been nice to have a remote controller as well. To fine tune the right RPM if you have big fingers. Or at least a small button that can do increments of 5 or so.
Old October 20, 2010, 07:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarl View Post
Nice review and an interesting product. Must be a tough sell these days for Fan controlllers as modern motherboards have some nice fan/temperature controls built in (ASUS Q-Fan Abit Fan-EQ etc..).

True, but I have never found a Software suite yet that could match what I get out of my Hardware Fan Controllers.
I think its personal preferance at the end of the day. That being said there is still a market for these which is why we still see them engineered. That and most MB only have so many Headers to plug into. So in cases where you have multiple fans you might get shafted for the amount you can control.
I have had this happen to me, so the market is still there and will be until MB manufacturers change or we get expansion cards that include Software to do it via your OS.

sT

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 12, 2011, 09:20 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

DazMode has these in stock now..incase people were looking for it in Canada.
Old January 12, 2011, 09:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks fore info :)
Old January 18, 2011, 11:28 AM
Top Prospect

the sluggish touch controls are a real deal breaker for me.
RAM: OCZ 4gb Platinum ddr2 800mghz
Video: Sapphire HD 5970
DIsplay: Benq 24 inch display