Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/)
-   -   Looking for new fans (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/37178-looking-new-fans.html)

Hexofire October 17, 2010 09:21 AM

Looking for new fans

I was planning to buy a bunch of Enermax Magma, Intake, exhaust.
I haven't heard a lot about Enermax fans so i don't really know what i'm getting into.
I'm pretty much looking for something quiet with a good cfm ,fancy color ... and a good price.
Lot of people are talking about Yate loon ,but i dont know ,it seems some cheap chinese fans.
(They are going to replace my antecs Tri-cool)

SugarJ October 17, 2010 09:30 AM

I've never tried the Magma's, but I can guarantee that the YL's are quieter than your Tri-cools on max. I've had both.

If you are looking for "fancy colors" and quiet, maybe have a look at the Coolermaster R4's, Gelids, and Xigmateks. All have been recommended by people that use them on this board.

Hexofire October 21, 2010 06:26 PM

Would have went for the Xigmateks, Xlf1253 are seems damn beautiful,
but after some research i found some Prolimatech Vortex
"sound output of 18.1 dBA, an airflow of 87 CFM".
I guess i'll give both a try .

Soultribunal October 21, 2010 08:02 PM

Just remember most of the time Fans do Minimum DBA and Max CFM, but they are independent of each other.
SO it nots 18 DBA @ 87.5CFM. Rather its Lowest noise = 18.dba. Highest CFM = 87.5

Regards,
ST

SpunkySpine October 23, 2010 11:17 PM

CFM vs DBA

Quote:Just remember most of the time Fans do Minimum DBA and Max CFM, but they are independent of each other

Put another way, you get maximum noise at maximum CFM... Pick which ever is highest prioity, CFM or reduced noise. The shop around for best "combination" of specs.:biggrin:

Spikemaul October 24, 2010 12:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a couple of the Magma's in an older computer and I love them. They are not that loud and they push a fair bit of air and the best part of them is that the fan blades can be removed for easy cleaning. The Magma's that I have are Black with Red Blades and have no LED's. Here's a pic:

Attachment 11938

Ikthus October 25, 2010 03:56 PM

Gentle Typhoons are pretty damn quiet if you're willing to dish out a little extra for them. I've got a couple 1850 RPM ones in my case and they are barely audible.

kentt October 25, 2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexofire (Post 439723)
I was planning to buy a bunch of Enermax Magma, Intake, exhaust.
I haven't heard a lot about Enermax fans so i don't really know what i'm getting into.
I'm pretty much looking for something quiet with a good cfm ,fancy color ... and a good price.
Lot of people are talking about Yate loon ,but i dont know ,it seems some cheap chinese fans.
(They are going to replace my antecs Tri-cool)

You're right about Loons. I just bought a couple and damn they're loud.
If it's in your budget, Noctua fans have never let me down.

Varroa October 29, 2010 06:33 AM

I have never understood the infatuation with Yate Loons. I bought a 92mm one once and even undervolting it to 5 volts it was by far the loudest fan in my old server case. That case also had 6x80mm fans and 2x92mm fans plus a CPU fan in it. Same goes for tricools. Horribly loud fans on high and on low they are still too loud for me.

I really like the Noctua for my gaming rig and Gelids for the rest of my systems.

howpet October 29, 2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentt (Post 442548)
You're right about Loons. I just bought a couple and damn they're loud.
If it's in your budget, Noctua fans have never let me down.

These are the kats meow. I guess thats why they hardly ever go on sale.
If you want Bling thou then Tri-cools.