Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 28, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hey guys, take a step back, take a deep breath, and look at what you're god damn arguing about.

There's a good word for this, it's called being ANAL. If this was on something like a Ferrari, argue away. But you guys are wasting precious time over 5 or 10$ for compensation.

This is what's wrong with the community. We no longer have the comradery for each other, instead we babble and argue about the most miniscule and pointless things. FFS, just drop it will ya?

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old August 28, 2010, 03:08 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not willing to eat the loss, and crossfire doesn't want to do anything about it. He hasn't even actively participed in this discussion. I am well aware of how insignificant it may seem to most people, and it is a very little thing for me, but it is still something and I'm not just about to let it by. I know mods are reading this, probably still deciding, but the longer this takes the longer it damages the community. It's easy for Crossfire to drop it because he has nothing to loose. I've spent time worth WAY more than $5 or $10 trying to argue with Crossfire, macjunky etc. I've come this far I'm not about to give up now. Hell, if crossfire gave me a full refund for it right now I still thinks he needs a negative just for making it such a huge hassle that's stretched something like a week long and countless messages.
Old August 28, 2010, 03:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Now you're just making it a personal vendetta to make sure Crossfire suffers. Someone please just lock this thread, such a huge fight over something so minuscule.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old August 28, 2010, 03:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
For someone who is (or should be) a disinterested 3rd party you sure are arguing both sides of the coin extremely hard. One moment its "its not opened how do you expect him to know the condition" the next its "he opened it to check the condition". So which was it. What did your friend do? Was it unopened or was it opened. You cant have it both ways.
You are quoting the wrong guy on that one. I never said that that it was unopened in this thread.

Quote:
You dont call him names, insuinuate he is an idiot or anything of similar ilk.
I tell the customer that something like this has no effect and is not visible when in use and if he still has a problem with it he can go buy something else somewhere else at full total price.

Quote:
No this cooler was not in 100% Factory condition as even if it left the factory like this is does not meet Prolimatech's standards. That is unless you are saying ALL Prolimatech's come with major or minor imperfections? Is that what you are trying to argue?
I never said it meets their standards. I said it was factory condition, which is what both of you were arguing.
A technicality? Perhaps, but you have to state what you mean how you mean it.

Quote:
As for your hard drive analogy. No not over a sticker but if the SATA ports were discolored or there was a ding in the housing then yes. It wouldnt be in perfect condition.
A discoloured SATA port is still purely cosmetic. A ding however could have been caused after the internal components were installed and that certainly does pose a potential serious threat to the internal components that could result in a real failure. If his heatpipes were thin or cut/worn almost through the sidewall I would condone sending it back as that is a legitimate problem. If there was a chunk of metal missing from the base, he would have a legitimate reason to send it back.

But this discolouration is a non-visible cosmetic "issue".
Would it not have ended up stained from some thermal compounds anyway? More discolouration!

*Edit I got ninja'd by like, 5 posts >_>
anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
You really think that 3 passes of 70% alcohol and 1 generous pass of arcticlean 1/2 is not enough? What would you recommend then?
99% iso never made my cooler's base and CPU perfect looking after thermal compound staining. It still works just fine though and since I only ever see it when the cooler is removed and cleaned it is a completely and fully non-issue since it has no performance impact.

Oh, and also, things I say here might sound harsh, but they are actually pretty much just limited to this thread/issue.
And guys come on, the IRC channel is no more evil than chatting on steam/xfire/etc.

Last edited by MacJunky; August 28, 2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old August 28, 2010, 03:31 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
I'm not willing to eat the loss
What loss? The performance and functionality of the heatsink is not diminished. You bought the heatsink with the intention of using it, correct? Does the discolouration on the bottom of the heatsink affect your ability to use it or its ability to cool your CPU adequately? No.

You're just trying to milk him for some cash. If the heatsink was broken or something was preventing it from doing its job then you might have a complaint. However, this is an incredibly minor issue. You need to accept that not everything in life is going to be perfect and sometimes you just have to leave well enough alone. I'm sure that by now Crossfire has already decided that he isn't going to give you a refund, so none of your complaining is going to amount to anything.
Old August 28, 2010, 06:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What am I supposed to even say in this thread? I've pm'd you multiple times over this and its pretty much coming down to money from what I've gathered. To me right now, all you want is 10$ back since you could have bought a supposed 'perfect' but used megahalems from somebody for $45. If you even look at the photo ,you can see that the base plate or whatever its called is still sealed in its bag, theres no way I can have used it. I dont go out of my way to go f*k people over on a sale over a bloody heatsink. Even if I were to be keeping my heatsink in a humid area, this would not affect the base since its covered by a plastic cover. Even then, it's been in my room the entire time with other computer parts and in a perfectly climate controlled environment. By your logic of me keeping my stuff in a humid environment, all my stuff should be rusting.

What exactly have you 'lost' in this transaction anyways? You can't even prove to anybody right now that the megahalems suffers from any performance decrease which was your primary concern when you first messaged me. Even after I told you and others have told you that it doesnt affect performance, it became more of a crusade to get money back due to the condition of the base. This gets even more weirder in my opinion since you knowingly mounted the heatsink even after finding the discoloration on it. Im a 20minute walk away from my house, its not that hard to have just walked over and showed the base to me BEFORE you mounted it. After this mounting, you find that the discoloration is removed in the center. You say you've spent time thats worth 'way' more than 5 or 10$ arguing...then instead of arguing go back and conjure up a $10 bill for yourself instead of complaining nonstop. I CANNOT check the base of a heatsink myself for discolorations when a plastic slip is over it, I've had filmy plastic slips on the base of my hsf's before and they do quite a good job of hiding any imperfections. If anything, I could reverse this entire argument since I let you check the item before you bought it. If you were absolutely concerned about this issue, you could have checked the base yourself, looked for all accessories but instead, at the time of meetup, you popped it open for a cursory glance and completed the transaction. I stated its BNIB, unused and thats how I sold it as, no item can ever be called BNIB and unused if a seller goes and uses everything to 'double check' that every thing is in working order. Lets say for example the heatsink baseplate was incorrectly tapped with holes and it prevents the proper mounting of the heatsink, is that something I'm supposed to double check on a new item without actually using it? You may say this is an unfair analogy but its pretty damn similar considering the fact that a seller can't test their items. Also, I'm not sure if you noticed, but do you know how bloody hard it is to remove that heatsink from being stuffed inside that cardboard in the photo? From my inspection of it, you can't even get it out with damaging the cardboard, thus reaffirming my statement of it being completely new. I've personally had enough of this bullshit, more power to you if you think you can nit pick everything and get people to refund you money. If you want something perfect with all the protections (ie insurance) go buy in store and dont be a cheap ass and save 10$ in tax

Old August 28, 2010, 07:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I can't see any point in letting this thread continue. I'm extremely disappointed that the two involved in this transaction chose to air this out in public, and I'm also embarrassed to see the bickering between other members in this thread.

If you can't keep it civil, go to 4chan or somewhere else.
Closed Thread