Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27, 2010, 06:32 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
He got it from the states. If he got it from ncix, I'd be more than happy to rma it myself, it would be no problem.
Have you actually tried contacting the company to see if they will accept an RMA anyway (or to see if they have any justification for the quality of the base in the first place)?
Old August 27, 2010, 06:34 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I will send them an email right now, though I don't plan on paying for any crossborder shipping/handling. btw I don't know if it affects performance, I don't have another mega to compare it to.
Old August 27, 2010, 06:40 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I will send them an email right now
So you have not actually contacted them.
Quote:
btw I don't know if it affects performance
So you don't know if the supposed defect is actually detrimental in any way.

Based on those two things, I would say you really have no right to complain to the seller. Until you have explored all your options and done your proper research, you don't have anything to base your complaints on.
Old August 27, 2010, 07:03 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
So you have not actually contacted them.

So you don't know if the supposed defect is actually detrimental in any way.

Based on those two things, I would say you really have no right to complain to the seller. Until you have explored all your options and done your proper research, you don't have anything to base your complaints on.
wtf lol? I think it's very reasonable to go after the seller before going after the manufacturer. How am I supposed to tell if the defect is detrimental in any way other than forking up another 60 bucks for another mega?
Old August 27, 2010, 07:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, it's pretty easy. You mount it and then check if it cools worth a shit. If you mount it right and you're getting extremely high temps, then sure, go ahead and complain. But as of right now, all it seems you're doing is complaining about the aesthetics of the base. Every one of my copper waterblocks has gotten discoloured over time, with no effect to cooling.

As well, if there was the sticker still stuck to the base of the cooler, I'm pretty sure the base came like that from Prolimatech. Those stickers don't go back on once you take them off.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Last edited by Lpfan4ever; August 27, 2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old August 27, 2010, 07:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Was the box/conents sealed?? Have you already mounted the cooler onto your CPU?

edit-oops caps
Old August 27, 2010, 07:12 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
wtf lol? I think it's very reasonable to go after the seller before going after the manufacturer.
No, it's not reasonable at all. Since the defect was not caused by the seller, you should not be blaming him for it, If you bought a new product from a large retailer and it arrived defective, I doubt you would blame the store for it.
Quote:
How am I supposed to tell if the defect is detrimental in any way other than forking up another 60 bucks for another mega?
Learn a little bit about how heatsinks work, or ask the manufacturer. And like I said earlier, if you use the heatsink and your temperatures are acceptable, then you don't really have anything to complain about.
Old August 27, 2010, 07:22 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Alright, if you guys really think that it's no problem, then I guess I won't fuss about it anymore. I tend to be nitty-picky about this stuff, but if it's really not a problem then I'll let it go. I'm still looking forward to prolimatech's answer though, if they say it is infact a problem I will continue this case, so it's not closed until I get a response from prolimatech :)
Old August 27, 2010, 07:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

They *might* *possibly* claim it is an issue because they expect you to be a pain in the ass about it and they do not want you bad mouthing them.
The customer is not always right!

What you have there is not an issue. Hell, if it was, the heatsinks most of us have would not work right.
Old August 27, 2010, 07:41 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I know it doesn't 'ruin' the heatsink, but I just think that no one should expect this from a NEW heatsink that they paid new price for. When I paid my money, I though I was getting a perfect base. If I knew it wasn't perfect, I wouldn't have paid that much. Anyways we'll see what prolimatech says.
Closed Thread