Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23, 2010, 07:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Help Installing Cooler Master Hyper 212+

How in the world do you install it? I've been struggling for an hour! I'm following the user manual and Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler Review too but ugh.
Old June 23, 2010, 07:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
How in the world do you install it? I've been struggling for an hour! I'm following the user manual and Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler Review too but ugh.
HWC has you covered.
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler Review
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old June 23, 2010, 07:57 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Make sure you put some TIM in the grooves of the base. If you do the normal 'pea sized amount' much of the TIM ends up in the grooves and you don't get a spread.

I put some TIM on my finger (my finger was inside a plastic bag making it a kind of glove) and put some in the grooves.

Other folks have put small lines of TIM on the base/heatpipes, and others put some TIM on the CPU and spread it with a credit card.

Also;
1. Backplate on first. There are some screws taht allow you to mount it.
2. There is a thumb-screw in the middle of the plate, under the fins. Turn it to tighten the base to the cpu.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 23, 2010, 07:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's what I used... but it didn't help.

Anyways, I finally got it >.> Took a while.

I put 3 lines of AS5 in the middle of the HDT where the aluminimum stuff is. I think that's enough. That's how I installed the Vendetta 2.
Old June 23, 2010, 09:43 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Make sure you put some TIM in the grooves of the base. If you do the normal 'pea sized amount' much of the TIM ends up in the grooves and you don't get a spread.
Haha...funny how i forgot to do that in one of my earlier installs. Thankfully I swaped the cpu within a week and noticed.