Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/)
-   -   OCZ Vendetta 2 vs Noctua NH-U12P SE2 vs Cooler Master Hyper 212+ (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/33411-ocz-vendetta-2-vs-noctua-nh-u12p-se2-vs-cooler-master-hyper-212-a.html)

geokilla June 20, 2010 08:58 AM

OCZ Vendetta 2 vs Noctua NH-U12P SE2 vs Cooler Master Hyper 212+

I'm going to be rebuilding my rigs soon (will make worklog) so I need to determine which cooler is better and which cooler is worse so I can keep the CPU temperatures as low as possible. Normally, one wouldn't really ask such a thing, especially when the CPUs that they're going to be cooling are a Phenom II X3 720 BE (hopefully unlocked) and a Phenom II X4 955 BE since they're both pretty much the same CPU. However my 955 BE is going to be in the basement while the 720 would be upstairs at the top floor in my sister's room where it can get pretty hot. Therefore, the better cooler will be going in the hotter room.

As the title states, I'm deciding between the Vendetta 2 and the Noctua NH-U12P SE2. I have both of them in my possession, and the Vendetta 2 is already in use as you can see in my rig. The Noctua states that it comes with 2X NF-P12 fans so I think this should go in my sister's computer, while I continue to use my Vendetta 2.

Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler Review - Results and Final Thoughts - Legit Reviews

Just realized I got a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ as well...

Zero82z June 20, 2010 10:04 AM

I would say the Noctua is the better cooler.

stoanee June 20, 2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero82z (Post 393585)
I would say the Noctua is the better cooler.

I agree.

jcmaz June 20, 2010 10:09 AM

The Noctua is better but if you tear your rig open daily then i would recommend the OCZ Vendetta 2. Backplates, i my opinion, are a hassle especially when you have a small case.

geokilla June 20, 2010 08:24 PM

Thanks guys.

The Noctua will be going into a Cooler Master RC-310 case. It will only be opened up to get rid of the dust that accumulates in there. Even then, I'm too lazy to take everything apart, so I usually just use the vacuum cleaner and do my best at getting the dust sucked up.

geokilla June 20, 2010 10:51 PM

Just realized I got a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ as well. Would you guys still say the Noctua is better?

_dangtx_ June 21, 2010 05:45 AM

yes, but not best bang for buck :) in that area, the little 212+ is still undefeated. spot previously held by...hmm....core freezer

LacrosseTown June 21, 2010 06:04 AM

for me, with the hyper 212 i had a dual 2000rpm fan config(costme 16$`extra) on it + a 200 mill fan on the top.
and for me the cooler is facing from up and down so i get extra 200mm fan power from the top case fan
so far i over clocked the 1090t to 3.7 with a max heat of 35c
i can say which is better because i haven't tried the other ones
but i have a good feeling you won't be disappointed with it

geokilla June 21, 2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dangtx_ (Post 393767)
yes, but not best bang for buck :) in that area, the little 212+ is still undefeated. spot previously held by...hmm....core freezer

I got all three coolers with me, so I just need to figure out which one can provide the lowest temperatures. It's either the Noctua or Cooler Master, and I think I'll use the Cooler Master for my sister's computer.

jcmaz June 21, 2010 11:17 AM

I think it is possible to sell the OCZ Vendetta 2 for a higher price :)