Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29, 2010, 06:24 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
All depends on how its done. And the Quality of the Components used.

ST
as you can tell by the review you guys did, top notch components are always used

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Now THAT looks like a nice LCD. IMHO the only "weakness" of the FC5 was/is the screen.
Its a shame you dropped the max wattage down to 20w. Still should be more then enough for most peoples needs, but all the beefy goodness of the FC5 + the FC6 screen would be one potent combination!
FC6 is the cheaper alternative to the FC5, FC5 will still be sold for quite a while you have no fear of that, and when revision 2 of the FC5 comes, the LCD problems will be corrected.
Old April 30, 2010, 07:27 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
as you can tell by the review you guys did, top notch components are always used

FC6 is the cheaper alternative to the FC5, FC5 will still be sold for quite a while you have no fear of that, and when revision 2 of the FC5 comes, the LCD problems will be corrected.
That certainly is good news! I hope you will do another announcement (like this one) here in the forum when v2 of the FC5 comes out. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 30, 2010, 08:40 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

will there be anyway to differentiate from v1 to v2 of the FC5 when it comes out in stores? I know NCIX is waiting on the rest of their order to come in...
Old May 1, 2010, 04:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post

Oh I know they are good Mate. I have the FC5 in my Main Computer ATM.
What that was ment to say was I hope you continue in the use of the quality components for the new unit.

But I am happy to hear of new units comming out.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 2, 2010, 10:17 AM
MVP

My System Specs

so you can run 4 fans off one 4pin connection with these things?
somebody fill me in here because i have never used one of these fan controllers
Old May 2, 2010, 10:26 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblazzwa View Post
so you can run 4 fans off one 3pin connection with these things?
somebody fill me in here because i have never used one of these fan controllers
Yes, you can use as many fans as you want off one channel. All you need to do is daisy chain them together, plug in one of the 3pins to the Lamptron AND make sure the total wattage of all the fans attached does not exceed the rated max wattage of each channel. In the case of the FC6 that is 20 watts. You do have some wiggle room (as I tried to fry the FC5 with a LOT more power draw then its rated max and couldn't) but it is not a good idea to go above the recommendation.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 2, 2010, 03:31 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Yes, you can use as many fans as you want off one channel. All you need to do is daisy chain them together, plug in one of the 3pins to the Lamptron AND make sure the total wattage of all the fans attached does not exceed the rated max wattage of each channel. In the case of the FC6 that is 20 watts. You do have some wiggle room (as I tried to fry the FC5 with a LOT more power draw then its rated max and couldn't) but it is not a good idea to go above the recommendation.
good to know, thanks
Old May 2, 2010, 10:52 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Im trying to make sure that they clearly label the boxes this time with revision #'s, lets see if they listen to my request.