Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 16, 2010, 07:04 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default Fan controlers, Zalman ZM-MFC3?

ive seen a few reviews here and there

ive used a few older models and even made 3 or them, but i was wondering about the Zalman ZM-MFC3, anyone got a chance to play around with the ZM-MFC3?

id like to find something that will match the 800D. cause 6 R4's do make some noise

was also looking at the NZXT Sentry LX or Sentry 2, the LX is a bit big but might be nice in the 800D

there's also the areocool lineup that's interesting.

i kinda like the MFC3 look.

what do you guys use?

My Boinc Stats
Old April 16, 2010, 07:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Put a Pair of Lamptron FC5's in your RIg and don't look back. Yeah R4's do make a bit of noise when you have that many. I have that many in a little Storm Scout lol!

THe Zalman one is decent Not top tier, but not bottom either.

Sentry LX Is good but you'd be hard pressed with it as the R4 is in the upper end of is Channel Allowance of 4W. The Sentry 2 on the other hand is great because its 10W per channel although it is a bit of a cabling nightmare.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 16, 2010, 08:05 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

ive seen the Lamptron FC5, ive read that the viewing angle isnt the best and am not sure about the LCD on it from the review pics from here

My Boinc Stats
Old April 16, 2010, 08:47 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

The LCD is what it is. The unit is fairly reasonably priced and for its price its got an OK LCD screen. Not a great one, but an OK one. The Lap FC5s main claim to fame is it is a BEAST when it comes to its wattage (and is built like a tank). You could easily put 6 or 10 or 12 R4s on ONE channel and it wouldn't even break a sweat. IMHO they are well worth the asking price. TBH dont expect a good LCD (or any type) screen on a fan controller unless you are willing to pay big $$$$ to get it.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr