Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 5, 2010, 01:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
I think I will be buying this. It may not be a legit white, but its good enough for my liking. Lol, my fan controller quest started with me looking at a Aquaero USB controller for $150, than a BigNG for $100, and now this one for $60 (prices rounded up). This thing looks solid, and the review and ST word on it seems to make it a great choice.

It is great. If I could fit more Inside of my Case I really would. It feels solid, and the quality of the components on it are really above par. Couple that with the undervolting capability and nice LCD and you have a real winner.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 5, 2010, 01:37 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
It has Extensions much like most high quality Fan Controllers , they should have enough length that you can wire anything inside of your case without worry. Then Again it all depends on how you route them, but I'd say they are, guess because I am not home 12-14 inches each.

ST
ah thanks for clearing that up.

i will have to pick one of these up in the near future. tired of opening my case to manually change my fans, haha.
Old April 6, 2010, 11:05 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
Wow, I can't believe how simple it is to make a controller. This one is something way prettier than I would ever make though.

I do question the use of such high quality caps though. I mean it's not like there's a ridiculously amount of power flowing through these things. I do like the high quality look of it though. I think that's where it counts most.
question the use of quality components? not sure i understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
How far do the nobs stick out ? Will the fancy sliding door on the Raven 01 clear? If yess me wnts
(even if I have to buy a dremmil)

sloppy tolerances) the installation was a breeze.

good toy nice review :)
the knobs are meant to be removable for modders and such ;) Overclock.net - Overclocking.net - View Single Post - [LAMPTRON] FC-5 Fan Controller: New Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilocient View Post

The burns and poor soldering on the PCB don't exactly inspire confidence, but it does look awfully nice, from the outside...
While i admit that im not happy about the tooling marks on the PCB, they are tested for quality assurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
I was thinking "Oh man white screen awesome, I may just pick one up!"

Should have called it light blue screen.
Unfortunately the LCD is what it is because of the nature of the expenses in building a quality product. In order to keep the price competitive, some areas had to be scaled back slightly. In this case, we chose to scale back the LCD panel to a slightly cheaper design to maintain the quality of the actual fan controls. Other then the viewing angle with the colors, its a great LCD.
Old April 6, 2010, 11:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

Just ordered one
Old April 7, 2010, 06:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

These could handle an MCP355, right? No problems with not enough wattage?
Old April 7, 2010, 06:34 AM
F@H

My System Specs

With the amount of Wattage this thing can handle going through it I am pretty sure hooking up a Pump would work.

I don't forsee an issue.

I like the use of high quality components and even if the LCD is scaled back, it still gives you the functionality of multi colours which is lacking in a lot of other controllers.

Good job Lamptron on this one by my standards.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 7, 2010, 07:44 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilocient View Post

The burns and poor soldering on the PCB don't exactly inspire confidence, but it does look awfully nice, from the outside...
FWIW, the discoloration around the micro-controller looks more like residual flux from manual soldering with a hot-air rework station than burnt PCB to me.
Old April 10, 2010, 03:47 PM
Rookie

You can always add switch or three to give yourself total control of all the functions. I would use something like this
or smaller to be hidden inside the case It looks like a internal usb connector mite work
O by the way there are no heat sinks on those Transistors
AB
how do you make pictures smaller

Last edited by Abinars; April 10, 2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: add info
Old April 10, 2010, 05:14 PM
Rookie

if the temp probes are no good you can use them by cutting off the probes tips and using the wires to run from the jumpers to the switches{see above post} since you would need 4 wire sets to 4 switches.
3 to the color jumpers and one for f or c jumper.
Old June 7, 2010, 06:15 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

So I got my FC5 today and it's fantastic.

Only problem is, I can't hook up my stock antec fans to my controller. I'm using the antec 900, and the 3 120mm fans and big fan at the top are all run by 4pin molex... I have the 4 pin molex to 3 pin fan adapters, but what I appear to need is an additional 3 pin connector that is female on both ends...

anyone have any idea where I might get one of these? look as I might, I can't seem to find any...Unless there is another solution?