Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

View Poll Results: Should Noctua enter the GPU cooling market?
Yes, We need more competition!! 27 93.10%
No, its too late for them don't bother. 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15, 2010, 11:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The HR-03 GTX more specifically is a good cooler, bulky but effective core cooling when paired with a NF-P12 or any other high static pressure fan. My gripe is the poor VRM cooling Thermalright used, an extruded or thicker piece of aluminium should have been used rather than a stamped lightweight piece. Its been shown that the stock cooler is far more effective and a better solution, people have gone as far to cut the piece used and retro fit their cards with it.

EE
Old March 16, 2010, 04:24 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Thanks MarkOne I'll pass that idea on to Noctua. If anyone has any further ideas or products that you would like to see from Noctua feel free to add.

yes I have one, they must include a third pair of fan clip with the D14, all true it's simple to make one, it look bad on pics..
Old March 16, 2010, 10:12 AM
MVP

I've got no problems with them jumping in, as, worst case scenario, things stay the way they are right now. That said, with Noctua, the product is almost certain to be good...though don't get your hopes up for a cheap product. They've yet to introduce one on the CPU market, and I doubt they'd take that direction for GPUs.

Last edited by Raserei408; March 16, 2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old March 16, 2010, 10:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

More competition usually yields better products or better pricing
Old March 17, 2010, 08:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree Arinoth. Noctua has stated that they've been toying with the idea for some years, however the issue of cost, designing a good cooler and one that would satisfy the customers needs is a big crossroad for them at this time. They haven't given up on it entirely, but as too when we might see something that remains to be said.

EE
Old March 23, 2010, 07:53 PM
Rookie

I'd like to see a Noctua GPU cooler if it's a good price. I've owned two Noctua coolers and a number of their fans in their past. Would love to see what they can do with GPU cooling.
Old March 23, 2010, 09:08 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

If they do, I'd hope that they do some decent heatsinks for the ram and vrm's. I use AC coolers, but don't like the aluminum heatsinks, they don't stick well, and they're aluminum to boot. The added expense of Enzotech copper ones kind of sucks, but they do look excellent.
Old March 23, 2010, 09:36 PM
Rookie

Good point. None of the aftermarket GPU coolers provide VRM cooling that's better than stock, especially for ATI cards. Thermalright has their VRM coolers but are sold separately, not to mention the cost!
Old March 23, 2010, 09:51 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I would buy a Noctua graphic card cooling solution as long as it only takes up 2 expansion slots and is visually appealing (colour wise).

I would expect Noctua's graphic cooling to be near silent.
Price should reflect the performance of the cooling solution. No need to sell Noctua cooling at $60 when a $30 Artic Cooling cooler will outperform (hypothetical example).

More competition in the quality cooling solution arena, the better!