Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9, 2010, 07:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
The PWR fan header is meant to run a ESA controlled fan in a PSU. It can be used as a normal fan header without issues. I wouldn't use the 4 pin header unless you run out of 3 pin headers.
Gotcha, I figured as much just never realized that they still really had those features kicking around ( I Think ANtec is the only one top of the head that supports it).

As for the 4-pin, its prefectly fine to use, and it allows full MB control of the Fan still in BIOS.

Thats how all my R4's are wired to their respective coolers.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 9, 2010, 07:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Donn't Know Asus

With my Evga ypu can ajust fan speed in BIOS with somthing called smart fan or manule fan speed settings.
Havin't played with AUSUS BIOS