Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2010, 08:06 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Where to buy Noctuas and Xigmateks locally in Toronto?

CanadaComputers and Infonec doesn't seem to carry any Noctua products. I'm trying to avoid buying online, so does anyone know if there are local stores that carry it? Even Xigmatek products are hard to find in the city. I need to buy a heatsink for my 1366 build.

I don't know if this is the right section to post this, so sorry if this isnt' the right section and just move it to the right one. Thank you.
Old February 7, 2010, 08:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

If you ever manage to find a place, pm me lol.
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old February 8, 2010, 02:30 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Tigerdirect has some Noctua heatsinks, but I don't know how close to Toronto their stores are (I just know those locations are 'relatively' close). You can find their store locations here. I really would recommend looking online though, as those prices are absolutely ridiculous.
Old February 8, 2010, 04:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

$33 for a noctua P12 fan at TD.ca, NCIX has them for $17 bucks, even with shipping its cheaper than tigerdirect.

your only choice is to buy used on forums or stick to noise $5 dollar fans.
Old February 8, 2010, 04:59 PM

PM me and I'll get you a shipping coupon :)

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old February 8, 2010, 08:40 PM
MVP

Default See's what is going on

From the tone of the original poster I think he is nervous about the reliability and safety of shopping online.
Old February 9, 2010, 05:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

just go and check kensington market and all the computer stores around there one of them should have what you want
Old February 9, 2010, 06:51 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
From the tone of the original poster I think he is nervous about the reliability and safety of shopping online.
oh no, not at all, I know NCIX and DirectCanada are reliable stores, its just that I want to support local shops and with the inevitable HST coming up, I'm trying to find local stores that I will be using regularly other than Infonec and Canada Computers. It's surprising that for a big city we don't have any that carry these products. lol. I think I'm going to try giving Noctua and Xigmatek a call and ask later.
Old February 9, 2010, 07:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

did you check the K market cause you know all the best smaller computer store's are down there
Old February 13, 2010, 03:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

@Linus, Oooh shipping coupon haha I'd love one too ;)

here doesnt seem to be any other decent computer stores in Toronto nowadays other than infonec or TD and possibly bewawa. If you're really set on buying local you can always ask Infonec to special order some for you and ymmv, but sometimes you can get a pricematch too.

And gingerbee, any good ones around? I'd rather not walk waste half a day on kensington looking for a shop with decent pricing......although it's a good excuse to go to the BigFatBurrito