Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 5, 2010, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Temjin TJ09 Swapping Out 1 Fan.....3 Hrs ?!

Yep, right around 3 hrs this morning to swap out 1 - 120mm Scythe S Flex 1900 RPM Fan. Its the one thats housed at the front of the case and provides "Fresh Air" to the GPU's.

Ensure you have a decent "magnetic tip" Phillips to get the Fan Housing mounted, as its strictly done by "feel"....
Took my time...a few coffee's and a couple of smoke breaks.....diningroom, no rubber gloves or antistatic wrist straps, hardwood floor though.

The ole Girl Before....

Naked!!!

Still Naked...the old Scythe 120mm Fan and Fan Housing is ready to be removed at this point !

Gotta organize those parts!!

New Fan in the foreground ready to replace the old one...Fan Housing Apart

New Fan and Fan Housing installed (trickiest part getting the Fan Housing back on)

All Back together...minus one 280...it will be SLI (x2) now until Fermi release, one GTX 280 SC is sold ;) Tri Sli was fun...

cheers

Old February 5, 2010, 06:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Here is the third 280 at the end of the process??? I was loking for this case but wow it seems to be a pain in the ass to change a single intake fan!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 5, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yep.....7 x 120mm Fans in this Case.....6 of em are a two minute task to swap out....the 7th....as you can see above, the look on my face a couple of months ago when it stopped working....oh well, I don't mind tearing her apart every ow n then...good time to clean her out (dust).

3rd 280 is boxed up and awaiting delivery...Vantage now back to a "humble" P27K ;)