Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 21, 2010, 07:55 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default closing off side fan hole?

I have an Antec 300 case, I have 2 kinda weak fans in the front blowing (cool) air into the case. There are also 2 other fans blowing (hot) air out which are located at the top and upper rear of the case. However, I don't have a fan on the side panel, so it's simply just an open grated hole. It's located slightly below my video card (which blows air DOWNWARDS) and I can feel some cool air coming out the side panel hole.

I was wondering if I should tape up the side fan hole so it would force air to travel upwards. Would this promote better air flow?
Old January 21, 2010, 07:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would get an exhaust fan on the side to cool the gpu and psu.

-Plato
Old January 21, 2010, 08:36 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Tape would just turn into a mess. I wouldn't do it especially if your components aren't overheating.
Old January 21, 2010, 03:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Shouldn't affect temps that much, I personally just took a piece of black construction paper and taped it on the side just because it looks better aesthetically. Can't hurt to try either way

Old January 21, 2010, 04:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I would say Populate that one slot with a fan to help promote a positive pressure enviroment in your case, thus reducing Dust.

My thought at least.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com