Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5, 2010, 08:58 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
AkG, can you give me the model of the best fan you will put on this cooler, I already have 2 p14s , but if i can get better why not,
For best results, high RPM, high static pressure fans are going to be your best friend. Some great ones are Yate Loon D12SH, CM R4, CM BladeMaster(my personal fav cheap yet kick ass fan. This is the on CM puts on their 212+. blademasters are/were available at the egg), Sycthe sflex G, Scythe sflex F. Any of these will give great results.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 5, 2010, 09:07 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
..... CM R4, CM BladeMaster(my personal fav cheap yet kick ass fan. This is the on CM puts on their 212+. blademasters are/were available at the egg),....

Don't know how much I love you ...... I have this 212+ with 2 of those fan on it, the cooler have mounting screw strip , and siting on my bench

so I gone put those 2 one , and order a third one when I make an order .
Old January 5, 2010, 09:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You know mark that CM service are pretty open I am pretty sure they will send you new screw for the 212. They have been open to replace physical damaged case few time in the past few months so give them a try;)

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 5, 2010, 09:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ho and nice review Sky! this cooler make me think about changing mine:) may we expect a review of the new thermalright Venomous X soon?

Martin_metal_88

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 5, 2010, 09:45 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Thanks martin_metal_88 Im glad you liked our review. Will we have a review of the Venomous X?......maybe.....you never know (I know, but Im not saying ;) ). I do know the next review is on a certain flex'able cooler that I really enjoyed testing.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 5, 2010, 09:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

As usual very nicely written and an excellent review AkG. Yesterday in the thread of Megahelms vs Noctua d-14 when you posted, you gave me a strong hint that the review is coming soon, well it's here :p..

It's very big for sure and expensive, it does give Megahelms the run for its money. But that Titan Fenrir performed admirably well..

Thanks for the review sir, oh before I forget you guys are are doing everything to attract more and more different thinking people, including your new open bench really shows that reviewers here don't just do what they want, they hear the criticism some folks throw out as long as it's constructive and put it to good use. You guys are the best!!
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old January 5, 2010, 09:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Thanks martin_metal_88 Im glad you liked our review. Will we have a review of the Venomous X?......maybe.....you never know (I know, but Im not saying ;) ). I do know the next review is on a certain flex'able cooler that I really enjoyed testing.
You are cruel AKG to let us on hope like that:P keep going with review because I am looking for a new cooler but I want some review from HWC before changing my Megahalem.

Martin_metal_88

Old January 5, 2010, 09:59 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
I do know the next review is on a certain flex'able cooler that I really enjoyed testing.
haha! That either means an all-in-one watercooler like an H50 or Asetek equivalent.... or maybe just something you can put S-flex's on... maybe a new Scythe cooler that has S-Flexs' included? sweet!
Old January 5, 2010, 10:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Maybe one of the new Zalman CNPS10X - FLEX family? well...let's see what they are cooking for us. That would be nice if it could be a cooler that I don't even know the existence:P

Martin_metal_88

Old January 5, 2010, 10:43 AM
MVP

It sure can be a tight fit. East to west, I had to remove the HS off one the OCZ Reaper. But for north south...HS removal isn't needed on the one OCZ Reaper.

Yes wire management sucks. But this rig is for gaming...not a show horse.

They say you can tell how rich a man's life has been, by how many dogs he has had in it.

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy