Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6, 2009, 11:27 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Ultra Kaze Fans in CM690 - Insane airflow!!

Hi Everyone, Long time lurker but a new register... Love this place, its an amazing source of information.

So I thought I would share, I just picked up 5x Ultra Kaze 120mm 2000rpm fans (Canada Computers) and installed them into my cm690. What a world of difference these fans have made, I hooked them up to a fan controller and at full tilt 2000rpm my q6600 OC to 3Ghz (1.43vcore in bios) peaks 27c idle and under full 100% load in Prime it peaks at 47c. ( I can OC to 3.4, but see no real improvement in my score, so I reduced it for 24/7 use). Running my ram at 5-4-4-15-2t and 2.1v.

Basically in my cm690 I mounted them as follows:

2 - Ultra Kaze's - top (Exhaust)
1 - Ultra Kaze - Rear (Exhaust)
1 - Ultra Kaze - Bottom (Intake)
1 - Ultra Kaze - front (Intake)
1 - Coolermaster - Side Top (exhaust)
1 - Coolermaster - Side Bottom (Intake)

I would recommend these fans to anyone, at full tilt they are a little loud, but when I dial them back they are quite tolerable and still move more air then the stock coolermaster fans.

Cheers!
Old December 6, 2009, 02:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

jmo. but there the best fan for airflow for under 10 bucks$
Old December 6, 2009, 04:02 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I just happened to be driving by and I stopped in and picked these over the others they had on the shelf on a whim. Researched them today and I am impressed.
Old December 6, 2009, 04:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

They are good fans for sure. I am a true Fan (no pun intended) of CM's new R4 lineup as well for both their subtle LED colour and the amazing amount of air they push as well.

Good Choice,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 6, 2009, 06:37 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

5 of them. How's the noise?
Old December 6, 2009, 06:52 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayah View Post
5 of them. How's the noise?
Not bad really when on the controller, if I let them rip full tilt its a little noisy but nothing my speakers cant drown out or headphones. When I undervolt them the northbridge fan is actually noisier, then again it is a different pitch.

I think removing the honeycomb grilling on the top and front would alleviate alot of the turbulence but I dont really wanna cut up my case even though I only paid 49 bucks for it.
Old December 6, 2009, 08:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

kaze fans are junk.

they are only good if you undervolt them and doing so can lead to a ticking fan.

panaflo or delta ftw.
Old December 7, 2009, 05:07 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
kaze fans are junk.
they are only good if you undervolt them and doing so can lead to a ticking fan.
panaflo or delta ftw.
Thanks for sharing your opinion, I've found a link when I researched them the other day and it was barely noticeable at 1m away, which my case is over 1m away from my ears in my seating position, so i couldnt care less if they tick slightly which mine are not... ( yet :). heheh. ) Panaflow and Delta are definately nice fans, but when I am filling a case with them (7); the fans would of cost more then the case housing them and I usually rebuild my rig every year or two so by then if the fans are ticking, so be it, they'll be recycled or given away.

I wanted huge airflow, for little investment and these fit the bill nicely. Which model of the Panaflow / delta are you running? (I jacked my own thread.)
Old December 7, 2009, 10:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dunno if its the same but the 1200rpm scythe slipstreams are pretty quiet. While were on the topic of fans ftw, scythe s-flex :D