Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2009, 07:58 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Titan Fenrir & Skalli CPU Coolers Review Comment Thread

Even though the high and mid ranges of the CPU cooler market may seem to be cluttered with products, there is always room for more competition. Competition is just what Titan is hoping to offer with two of their newest CPU coolers: the Fenrir and the Skalli. While they may be targeted at different price ranges, they form the heart of what Titan hopes will be their answer to some of the most popular CPU coolers on the market today.

You can find the review here: Titan Fenrir and Skalli CPU Coolers Review

Please use this thread for your questions and comments.

ENJOY!!

Old December 2, 2009, 09:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Haha lil' Skalli likes to be the odd one out.

I personally like how you got rid of all the unnecessary heatsinks. They were just getting in the way with the information. Good thinking.

Heh, if you wanted a heater for a CPU you should've asked me! I had the very early batch of D0's which ran extremely warm. Jody and I used it in an LN2 test. Ahh well, it's gone now.

That Fenrir is quite nice. Good performer! Once again, you've done the best, AkG!
Old December 3, 2009, 05:55 AM

The CPU AkG now has runs pretty hot IMO.

However, we just received some info from Titan stating the SRP is $29.99. I can't seem to find it for that though...
Old December 3, 2009, 07:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

What is with the push pin design for the Skalli? I absolutely hate those and if you ever reseat or install it into different systems over its lifespan one of the fins'll bend and you'll be screwed (happens to me with the intel stock hsf and their crappy push pin design)
Old December 3, 2009, 07:30 AM

It is all about cost savings. I have been talking to some cooler manufacturers and the real cost difference to the consumer between push-pin and backplate components is about $8. When we are talking about a sub-$40 cooler, that's alot of money.
Old December 3, 2009, 07:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Then how come some coolers can still do that and offer a fairly decent product such as the CM hyper 212+?
Old December 3, 2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Then how come some coolers can still do that and offer a fairly decent product such as the CM hyper 212+?
It is still incorporated into the cost of the cooler. CM could have easily decided to shave $8 off the cost of the 212 Plus. It all comes down to manufacturing cost versus end user cost.
Old December 3, 2009, 06:41 PM
MVP

Like to get one of these coolers. But I can't find any store in Canada that even has them listed.

They say you can tell how rich a man's life has been, by how many dogs he has had in it.

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy
Old December 3, 2009, 06:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

I must admit, they look fantastic.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old December 4, 2009, 04:56 AM
Rookie

You did it again. Your uniquely cool cpu helped a lot. Its funny how you are going to reply to this telling us a core i7 cpu at 1.45v with HT on is going to yield those temps. Guess what cooler managed the temps below at 22 celsius ambient and with a 1900 rpm fan:

http://lab501.ro/forum/attachment.ph...1&d=1259913056

I'ma give you a hint: its the best air cooler and you haven't tested it yet. :)