Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30, 2009, 10:40 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Default Lamptron FC-5 prototype gets the go ahead for launch!

Got the second prototypes in today, everything checked out great, all of the issues regarding the RPM sensors, voltage sensors, and LCD viewing angles have been corrected, and the go ahead for product launch has been given, you should be seeing these bad boys hit store shelves very soon!

Of course, remember you can always follow Lamptron on both facebook and twitter...

Lamptron (Lamptron) on Twitter or search lamptron on facebook and become a fan!

Old November 30, 2009, 11:47 PM
Associate Review Editor

How do the knobs feel? I hate knobs that feel hollow and cheap...and that come off.
Old November 30, 2009, 11:57 PM
Manufacturer Rep

aluminum capped, inner material is a poly/abs plastic, they feel very solid when using, and of course they are removable should you want to use custom knobs
Old December 1, 2009, 12:00 AM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
aluminum capped, inner material is a poly/abs plastic, they feel very solid when using, and of course they are removable should you want to use custom knobs
Ah, sounds good.

By 'come off', I mean't inadvertently due to overly loose knobs
Old December 1, 2009, 12:03 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
Ah, sounds good.

By 'come off', I mean't inadvertently due to overly loose knobs
lol nah these are in no way cheap like that, part of my job is quality control, so if theres a design flaw that makes them loose, it would have been corrected before release.
Old December 1, 2009, 06:10 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Looks amazing but it looks like there is still some color crossover / bleed from the lighter LED settings which makes the blue and purple a bit hard to read.

Can you show us the internals? How many watts per fan does it support?
Old December 1, 2009, 09:50 AM
Manufacturer Rep

The color crossover only is visible in extremely dark conditions, in order to keep the cost down we steered away from the TFT active matrix display. Normal lighting conditions it was perfectly fine. Ill get you the other information today.
Old December 1, 2009, 10:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah I'd love to know the wattage limit per Channel as well as what faceplate colours does it come in.
After all, Black is the most common as well as Silver but there are some nice White cases still on the markets.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 1, 2009, 06:12 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Yeah I'd love to know the wattage limit per Channel as well as what faceplate colours does it come in.
After all, Black is the most common as well as Silver but there are some nice White cases still on the markets.

Regards,
ST
The unit itself can handle up to 30w per channel, and to my knowledge there are no plans to make a white version of the FC-5, right now its black and silver.
Old December 1, 2009, 06:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
The unit itself can handle up to 30w per channel, and to my knowledge there are no plans to make a white version of the FC-5, right now its black and silver.

WOw, it can handle even my San Aces at that rate.

Availability in Canada?

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com