Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 2, 2009, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Noctua NH-U12P

So guys, I just order my new I7 860 board memory. Now I want a cooler cause my prolima did not fit on the p55 platform...seriously that suck...I was thinking about the noctua NH-U12P but I can't find any decent review do you guys know some?

Ask for more.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old November 2, 2009, 08:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's a great cooler, competes with the best of the best while using "only" 4 heatpipes and very quiet fans.
Old November 2, 2009, 10:53 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
[...]but I can't find any decent review do you guys know some?
Of course, here on HWC.
Or if you survive through Google translate you can take a look at my friend's roundup.
You can take a look at NH-U12P SE2. It came with 2 fans.
Old November 2, 2009, 11:41 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I own this cooler and personally I love it. I'm using it on a AMD Athlon 6000+ and I have never seen temps go over 50C with just one Noctua fan installed. I have this chip OC'd as much as I can get out of it. I lapped this cooler and my processor as soon as I got it. I would recommend this cooler to anyone because it doesn't seem as flimsy ( is that even a word ) as othe coolers on the market.

PS: The colour of the fans will grow on you especially since you can't hear them and they seem to push a decent amount of air.
Old November 3, 2009, 12:45 AM
MVP

My System Specs

The Noctua NH-U12P is supposed to be a very good heat sink, and as previously stated it performs along the "top" heat sinks while "only" using four heatpipes. The Noctua fan it comes with is dead silent, and build quality on the heat sink itself is supposed to be very very good as well.
-Deadpool
Old November 3, 2009, 12:59 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyless View Post
[...]and build quality on the heat sink itself is supposed to be very very good as well.
Until now I didn't see any other heatsink with such a high quality build. Starting from box and ending to nuts and bolts. :)
I love it.
Old November 3, 2009, 05:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by burebista View Post
Of course, here on HWC.
Or if you survive through Google translate you can take a look at my friend's roundup.
You can take a look at NH-U12P SE2. It came with 2 fans.
What the hell...I think I was drunk yesterday I search on HWC and find nothing...Well for sure I am taking you point and just order one to complete my I7 build:) Thx guys help is really appreciated ;)

Ask for more.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old November 3, 2009, 06:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had that cooler for my E6600 back in the day and I loved it. It's still a great cooler.

Oh and Martin, think you could make your sig smaller by putting your PC specs into the "My System Specs" tab? It's in your User CP.
Old November 3, 2009, 07:54 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

It's a great cooler, but I honestly think it's a bit overpriced. Performs a bit under the TRUE from what I've seen, or a little bit better if you get the two-fan version. The Cogage TRUE Spirit is also a great option. It's fairly inexpensive, but performs nearly as well as the TRUE and has a very similar design (Thermalright licensed the design of the TRUE to Cogage IIRC).

Ask for more.
Old November 3, 2009, 08:11 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
It's a great cooler, but I honestly think it's a bit overpriced. Performs a bit under the TRUE from what I've seen, or a little bit better if you get the two-fan version. The Cogage TRUE Spirit is also a great option. It's fairly inexpensive, but performs nearly as well as the TRUE and has a very similar design (Thermalright licensed the design of the TRUE to Cogage IIRC).

Ask for more.
I would NOT recommend the True Spirit just because it uses those damn pushpins (or at least not at full retail price). PLUS its a 1366 only out of the box, no 1156 support. :/

The Noctua is a kick ass cooler, with top notch quality, BUT it is pricey.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr