Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2009, 08:13 PM
Rookie

Default how do I control air fan p183

hello
just bought a antec p 183 and saw I can switch the fan on 3 level. nice

My question is that : I want a silence pc. and I donot want my i7 to go so hot it would cost his life.

How does the fan (cases and graphic card psu) work? do they ajuste bythemself or do I need to install a program or do it manualy??

I wonder ......

thank for explaining advicing me
Old October 28, 2009, 08:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The tri-cool fans of the case work with the switch at the back of the case. As fr the GPU, CPU and PSU, they will most likely be set on auto at default, but you could probably also choose the speed for them (not sure if you can for the PSU tho).

If you want a silent PC, you may(or may not) want to replace the tri-cool, on low they are fairly quiet, but not silent. with a bit of music they dissapear (doesn't need to be loud).
Old October 29, 2009, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilauea View Post

If you want a silent PC, you may(or may not) want to replace the tri-cool, on low they are fairly quiet, but not silent. with a bit of music they dissapear (doesn't need to be loud).
Not to mention they push almost no air....
Old October 29, 2009, 08:12 PM
Rookie

hi
thanks for you answers
In case I want to change the case original fans, do you have any good suggestion? brand model ?

My concern was ok i will put the p183 fan on quiet first level but .. it meens that less air will travel. Il do not want the other comp9onets to suffer from me putting fans on quiet only.. do you understand?

also I read that peope buy fans speed controler and/or install a program to control the fans, want do you think about that,?

by the way I am a normal average pc user but my pc will stay open 24 /7 if lient enough.

thanks again i appreciate your hel^p
Old October 29, 2009, 08:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would say it depends on what you will do with your computer. For instance, if you do not plan to overclock it, in that case you won't have any problems.

There are many different fans you could put. I personally got some Yate Loon D12BL-12-UB which I find to be pretty quiet, but I would say that they are between Antec Tri-Cool at low and medium speed in terms of airflow. I also have some discontinued Noctua NF-S12-1200 which I believe were replaced by the Noctua NF-S12B ULN or FLX. Anyway, my S12 are very well built, very quiet(a bit more than the Yate Loons) and I think they move a bit more air than the Yate Loons.
The Yate Loons and the Noctua I have are somewhat comparable for most things, except for built quality, Noctua is outstanding.

Other than that, the Noctua NF-P12 is quite popular for good static pressure (to push air in between "tight" areas). Scythe fans are also well regarded.

I personally do not use a fan controller for my fans, but I am contemplating the idea since I have 5 fans running in my case, but its not necessarly required.

Have a look at silentpcreview to get a good idea of some fans. Unfortunatly I wished there was more reviews of more recent fans, but its not the case.
Old October 29, 2009, 09:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

These are good. They'll push more air than your tri-cools at med speed and will be quieter.

Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E 120MM Cooling Fan 1200RPM 20.1DBA 49.0CFM FDB - DirectCanada