Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21, 2009, 04:44 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Intel i7 CPU Cooler Roundup Comment Thread

After months and months of testing and refining our CPU cooler testing methodology, we had a huge backlog of products that needed reviewing ASAP. So, today we are proud to present our i7 CPU Cooler Roundup which pits seven of the newest heatsinks against one another in a battle royale.

You can read the roundup here: Intel Core i7 / LGA1366 CPU Cooler Roundup

Please use this review to post you questions and comments.

ENJOY!!!

Old October 21, 2009, 05:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

First to comment, coz' I like the dam good reviews of AkG..

I'm speechless, what a great review, I've seen many cooler roundups, this one is definitely one of the best I've seen.. Prolimatech cleans da house, nothing new lol.. Although the TRUE still remains as one of the top dawgs.. Hyper 212+ didn't perform too well.. especially on high speed fan results, the more OC and voltage the more it keeps dropping down the list.. Zalman was surprising, honestly when I first saw you included the heatsink, I told myself this is probably one of the worst out there.. certainly not, did pretty good..

All in all, covered quick showcase/review on some coolers you haven't done individual reviews on.. Very nice review..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 21, 2009, 07:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Great review, but TBH it didn't tell me too much I didn't already know - Hyper 212+ and Cogage TRUE Spirit for budget (and OCZ Vendetta) and Megalehems for the best around
Old October 21, 2009, 07:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nice review! Now.. all that's needed is somewhere that had a regular supply of Megalehems..
Old October 21, 2009, 08:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Excellent review!
I think at least with some EVGA Boards the 1156 ones, you could use the backplate still for the 775 and get the most out of that Zalman. Its a shame they didn't think to use a backplate.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 21, 2009, 08:24 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
Great review, but TBH it didn't tell me too much I didn't already know - Hyper 212+ and Cogage TRUE Spirit for budget (and OCZ Vendetta) and Megalehems for the best around
What was it supposed to tell you?

Honestly there are very few surprises in the CPU cooling world.
Old October 21, 2009, 09:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

Where was the Scythe Mugen 2?

Old October 21, 2009, 10:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

SKY you have all my respect for listening.
Now that's a reference round-up done with precision and accuracy. The results speak from themselves.
Good job. VERY good job guys.
Old October 21, 2009, 10:53 PM
Rookie

Good job guys. Glad to see you're back on the right track. :)

My only complaint is that you haven't tested Nirvana with other fans. The stock fan is easily removable.
Old October 22, 2009, 05:05 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Hi Halfwaythere,
The Nirvana fan is easily removable....but there is no way to mount a more "normal" fan to the heatsink. The fan it comes with has a metal frame that mounts to the base of the unit. Honestly that is my only complaint with that beautiful cooler. Even with that pet peeve I HIGHLY recommend it.

Glad you all liked the review! :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr