Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/)
-   -   Putting a fan on a T.R.U.E (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/21639-putting-fan-t-r-u-e.html)

somecanadianguy August 6, 2009 03:25 PM

Putting a fan on a T.R.U.E

Well I'm broke as can be, but need another fan on my TRUE...
The summer sucks and it's too damn hot in here, but I still gotta fold.

The only other 120mm fans I have are the 3 that came with my CM-690 case (rear, side, and front with green LED).
The side one is now on the bottom of the case and is around 1300RPM... not sure about the RPM on the others.
I know they're not great fans, but I'm guess it would still help my temps a little to stick one of them on there.

Is there a good way to fix one of these fans onto my true?
I don't have another fan holder or any of the metal clips.
Should it be on the push side, or pull?
Fan on the TRUE right now is the one that came with it.

Eagle Eye August 6, 2009 04:14 PM

A good qaulity elastic band my friend, cheap effective and likely in a kitchen drawer.

MpG August 6, 2009 04:48 PM

If you have larger zip ties, a few of them linked end to end can work well too. There shouldn't be a huge difference which side each fan is on.

hightest August 6, 2009 04:58 PM

Ya i used long zip ties/elastics when i ran daul fans on my true,but as i remember there was no change in temp with daul fans.

With the c690 the true is prety close to the rear case fan anyway ,maybe 2.5".

enaberif August 6, 2009 05:05 PM

You won't notice much difference with low quality fans due to their lack of static pressure on the true.

halfwaythere August 7, 2009 02:11 AM

You need something with good static pressure. Depending on how much you are willing to spend you could look at: Noiseblocker XLP, Noiseblocker Multiframe M12-SP, Scythe S-flex F or G, Yate Loon PWM.

I would go for a PWM fan out of convenience.

bojangles August 7, 2009 06:11 AM

Stop folding for a month and then you can buy a good fan like a Noctua poo fan :).

somecanadianguy August 7, 2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bojangles (Post 236724)
Stop folding for a month

:dots:

Eagle Eye August 7, 2009 10:00 AM

Hey some canadianguy do you even have $10 pm Encorp he might still have a Noctua NF-P12 kicking around you could get pretty cheap.

If I had any extras I wasn't using at the moment I'd just send you one.

EE

somecanadianguy August 7, 2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eye (Post 236782)
Hey some canadianguy do you even have $10 pm Encorp he might still have a Noctua NF-P12 kicking around you could get pretty cheap.

If I had any extras I wasn't using at the moment I'd just send you one.

EE

I'm totally broke this month... again :blarg:
I'll likely try to pick something up cheap next month.
Maybe someone here will hook me up then.
If I get lucky I'll get a few $$$ on my bday and be able to afford a decent one.