Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 6, 2009, 11:01 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Xigmatek Backplates

I'm curious, are the 3-heatpipe models actually different from the 4-heatpipe ones?

It seems like NCIX only ever has the 3-heatpipe ones and for timeliness, I'd rather not have to order from the US to get it.

Or if they are different, is anything that NCIX has in-stock compatible?
Old August 6, 2009, 12:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

Hey Jdrom,

Yes I believe they have different, not sure what exactly is different but the ACK-I7751 is for the 3 heat pipe heatsinks and the ACK-17753 is for the 4 heatpipe heatsinks..

Anitec has the 4 heatpipe one in stock.. Anitec.ca - Xigmatek Crossbow (ACK-I7753)

Maybe it could be that the brackets provided are slightly adjusted or something since the 4 heatpipe covers a little more processor space, hence probably stretches out a little but on both sides..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old August 6, 2009, 01:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You can buy this kit:
NCIX.com - Buy Thermalright LGA775 BOLT-THRU Kit for Ultra 90/120 & HR-01 Retail Box - BTK-LGA775R In Canada.
then remove Intel pushpins from sideplate and install springs and screws.

Name:  22.Push pin close up.JPG
Views: 1090
Size:  291.3 KBName:  23.Crossbow clip removal.JPG
Views: 1336
Size:  536.9 KBName:  24.Crossbow screw apart.JPG
Views: 982
Size:  447.0 KBName:  25.All done.JPG
Views: 751
Size:  484.5 KB
Old August 6, 2009, 03:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
You can buy this kit:
NCIX.com - Buy Thermalright LGA775 BOLT-THRU Kit for Ultra 90/120 & HR-01 Retail Box - BTK-LGA775R In Canada.
then remove Intel pushpins from sideplate and install springs and screws.
Seems easy enough, though I've never had any luck removing push-pins. Ended up just cutting them to pieces

Also came across this one: OCZ OCZTFORC2GM LGA1366 Mounting Conversion Kit for Gladiator Series Heatsinks. Looks like it's the same as XIGMATEK Crossbow I7363 so I assume it would work as well.
Old August 6, 2009, 03:20 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

The dif between the 3hdt and 4hdt backplate kits is a sublt difference in the curve of the attachment brakets. Its enough that a 3 kit will not mount on a 4hdt and a 4 kit wil not mount on a 3 hdt. It makes no sense but its the way it is with Xigmatek coolers and their aftermarket backplate kits.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 6, 2009, 04:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
The dif between the 3hdt and 4hdt backplate kits is a sublt difference in the curve of the attachment brakets. Its enough that a 3 kit will not mount on a 4hdt and a 4 kit wil not mount on a 3 hdt. It makes no sense but its the way it is with Xigmatek coolers and their aftermarket backplate kits.
Do you know if that OCZ one will work AkG? 99% sure it's the same as Xigmatek's, but I want to make sure.
Old August 6, 2009, 05:12 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I know when I wanted a backplate for my OCZ Glad max I used the xigmatek crossbow for the 4hdt xigimateks. So I assume that it would work the other way...but I can not say for sure as I have never used that specific one ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 6, 2009, 09:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
I know when I wanted a backplate for my OCZ Glad max I used the xigmatek crossbow for the 4hdt xigimateks. So I assume that it would work the other way...but I can not say for sure as I have never used that specific one ;)
Alright. Probably end up taking my chances (for my brother anyways )