Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/)
-   -   Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler Review Comment Thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/19832-cooler-master-hyper-212-plus-cpu-cooler-review-comment-thread.html)

AkG July 9, 2009 08:34 PM

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler Review Comment Thread

To say we were a little gun shy after the UFO V51 is an understatement! Luckily, the 212+ IS a very sweet piece of kit and was a breathe of fresh air! As an added bonus it comes with a wee bit of mystery too!

To read all about this DGV cooler click here: 212+

Hope you enjoy it!
AkG

geokilla July 9, 2009 09:52 PM

HDT coolers all the way! No need to spend an extra $30 on a TRUE that performs similar.

I wonder how the OCZ Gladiator MAX will do when paired with a Core i7...

F-Bomber July 9, 2009 09:54 PM

How much do you think the size of the Q6600 would affect its passive cooling potential? (even though it is the cooler chip anyway)

miggs78 July 9, 2009 10:32 PM

Pretty good cooler for $40 (around).. especially when it comes with a strong fan as AkG says in his review, also comes with a proper mounting kit..

Both with OCZ Vendetta 2 and Xigmatek you need to buy them extra. I know it's only second best, but hey CM got very little wrong on first go..

Great review AkG.. Thanks.. :thumb:

SKYMTL July 10, 2009 07:26 AM

FYI; Newegg.com has it for $30 Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RR-B10-212P-GP 120mm Long life sleeve CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Hopefully they will bring it to the Canadian site as well.

gingerbee July 10, 2009 07:38 AM

wow great price and form the review cooler gotta luv HDT

Jackquelegs July 10, 2009 08:06 AM

A breath of fresh air. Coolermaster making a great heatsink after..how long now.

If only they went HDT on the V-series. :doh:

Great review though. Very thorough. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

stoanee July 10, 2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 220830)
To say we were a little gun shy after the UFO V51 is an understatement!

I tested one of those (UFO) with the same results on my Q9450. It is now sitting here collecting dust, I am not sure what to even do with it. Flea market? That 212 looks very promising. Tghanks for the review!!

m0pelley99 July 10, 2009 09:12 AM

How much will these retail for in Canada? It will get my attention if it sells for under $34.99. The V2 is somewhere around $38 on NCIX, while the Xiggy is around $37. Those without price match. I'm looking to get an HDT cooler before the end of the summer, the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 just isn't doing it.

AkG July 10, 2009 09:16 AM

Its about 30USD MSRP....so I doubt it will be 35CND anytime soon. ;)
Actually from my understanding $40 is about what its going to retail for in here Canada. That being said it comes with better mounting setup than the Xig 1283 or Vendetta 2 which use the pushpin setup. When you add in the 10 bucks for the "crossbow" backplate kit for the Xig/V2 things get much more interesting.

That being said YMMV :)