Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5, 2009, 03:54 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Default GlacialTech UFO V51 CPU Cooler Review Comment Thread

Well it was bound to happen, and seems it finally happen to us. After all the coolers I have taken a look at I finally found a CPU Air Cooling Solution which appears to have no real redeeming value. I don't want to spoil the ending BUT this cooler was of such a less than optimal / minimally exceptional design that I truly think we have found rock bottom (as in "...XYZ may not be great but at least its better than the UFO V51...").

I would actually like to thank GlacialTech for sending this one to me as it truly has helped me appreciate how good our Dam Good and Damn Good Value coolers really are!

If you feel up to it you can read all about our misadventures here: UFO V51.

You have been warned! :)
AkG

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 5, 2009, 05:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thanks this thing did not do very well at all just another cooler to the dust bin ha ha
Old July 5, 2009, 06:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

a piece of scrape metal compared to the OCZ Vendetta 2/Xigmatek S1283

-Plato
Old July 5, 2009, 08:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You'd think that after all these years making coolers they would make a half decent one. Ugh when will companies learn from others...
Old July 5, 2009, 10:59 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

IMO, this is nothing more than one of their older coolers with a bit of plastic. As they say: you can put lipstick on a pig but in the end, it is still a pig.
Old July 5, 2009, 01:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

That looks like a "quality" cooler, i mean who would ever think to re-engineer and put some thought into a product that needs to excel in its performance to excel in the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I As they say: you can put lipstick on a pig but in the end, it is still a pig.
I just called it pretty bacon