Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/)
-   -   Question Re: Delta 120x38 255 CFM fan (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/18991-question-re-delta-120x38-255-cfm-fan.html)

CORE June 16, 2009 08:30 PM

Question Re: Delta 120x38 255 CFM fan

Hi I just want to know if Delta fans (255cfm version, 5500rpm) are really worth the money? Is it better than the Scyth fans (Ultra Kaze) Thanks.

enaberif June 16, 2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CORE (Post 210105)
Hi I just want to know if this fans are really worth the money? Is it better than the Scyth fans (Ultra Kaze) Thanks.

Kaze fans are junk.

You undervolt then and they develop and annoying ticking noise.

Panaflos imho are the best if you want 38mm but in all honesty most 38mm fans really aren't needed.

CORE June 16, 2009 08:32 PM

So do you suggest i buy the panaflo? Does NCIX sell them?

enaberif June 16, 2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CORE (Post 210108)
So do you suggest i buy the panaflo? Does NCIX sell them?

I suggest picking up some good 120x25mm fans.

CORE June 16, 2009 08:40 PM

Ok. Thanks. I guess I'll check out the panaflo u mentioned. Thanks V. Much

CanadaRox June 16, 2009 09:16 PM

Most people don't understand how loud these fans are. I have ONE of the 220CFM version and it is way past unbearable. If you want amazing fans, try finding some San Ace H1101's, but good luck with that. If you want something more realistic, try the Zalman ZM-F3's. They are great for medium to low speeds. If you want something a bit faster, try the Yate Loon high speed fans (D12SH-12). And of course, Panaflo's are great fans but they aren't really needed.

Dr_BenD_over June 17, 2009 08:38 AM

I just picked up 2 190cfm Deltas for a non PC related project, trust me, unless your deaf, you don't want them in your PC. I find the Yate Loon ones already mentioned pretty good and NCIX occassionally has a really good price on them.

Soultribunal June 17, 2009 08:50 AM

The Delta's are seriously insane fans.
Useless unless your computer is in another country so you can't hear them.

That being said, they did manage to push a Sword M on wheels across a room once...

Go with the Yates or Panaflos (even the Pan's can be loud).
CM has a new 90CFM Fan comming out but NCIX doesn't have them yet....*sigh*

ST

MpG June 17, 2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CORE (Post 210105)
Hi I just want to know if Delta fans (255cfm version, 5500rpm) are really worth the money? Is it better than the Scyth fans (Ultra Kaze) Thanks.

The Ultra's are just budget fans, and when you actually compare them to other 38mm fans, it definitely shows. I'd seriously take a good 25mm fan over them any day of the week.

With 38mm fans, I find the Panaflos are about as good as it gets, especially when undervolting. Some people like the San Ace fans, but they're hard as hell to find anywhere. Personally, I'm finding the Delta EFB series fans (triple-blade design) to be quite nice as well, since they have a much lower-pitched sound than most, but they're a little medicore when undervolted.

Ultimately, if you want airflow, you need higher rpms, which leads to more noise. No way around that.

CORE June 17, 2009 12:57 PM

I see. Thanks for your replies.