Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 8, 2009, 07:57 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Default Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler Review Comment Thread

It's that time again! This time we have taken a long hard look another great Cooler Master offering, the Hyper N520. We really, really like this little guy and think you will too!

To read our review on CM N520 click here: N520

Hope you enjoy the review,
AkG

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 8, 2009, 08:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

No kidding, interesting design. Fairly ingenious, though, and it does seem to hold it's own.

No information on the fan bearings, eh? Honestly, I don't entirely agree with your statement that it doesn't matter, since if they are sleeve bearings, installing the cooler in an up-down orientation could lead to premature fan failure, even if the fan feels good to begin with. Although that sort of installation is generally the minority of installations.
Old June 8, 2009, 08:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I really couldn't imagine a 120mm version. That thing would be massive, and would probably only allow East/West configuration. I like the idea of the offset as well. I do think though that some fin design would go a long way too.
Old June 8, 2009, 08:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks AKG, great review.

I'm glad you made the switch to the i7 it really puts these new cooler through their paces.

Will we be seeing the 120 variant of this?

@ Bo...you mean this Hyper N620 - Cooler Master

EE