Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 28, 2009, 08:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Ask and Ye Shall Receive!

Well, I have always been a Fan (no pun intended) of CM Case Fans, but alas the best I could get out of them was 44CFM ones, and for me being a Windtunnel Type Guy, that was far from enough.
So, I switched a While Back to AeroCool Xtreme Turbine/ Yate Loons because they gave me a Measured 85CFM and were Blue LED.

I do use Tiger from time to time for Parts, and I have a very helpful Account Manager (for my Full time Job) who gives me the scoop on new arrivals.

Well, CM , you have won me back!
New Blue LED Fans on the Horizon (ETA is very soon for stock) that I will be adding to my Air Cooling Madness.

R4-L2R-20AC-GP - Cooler Master

90CFM, 2000rpm and a Whooping 3.04mmH20 Static Pressure. As soon as their order comes in , I will be picked up a whole bunch to Test. And, in true CM fashion, they are Half the Price of my Traditional AeroCools/Loons with better performance.

If anyone is interested, the Tiger Stock # is 3283-2042 (won't show them till they get stock).
As well, they will Have Green / Red and Smoke Colours too!

Just a Little FYI for everyone!!

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 28, 2009, 08:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Can they really achieve 19 dba at 2000 RPM?

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old May 28, 2009, 08:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Doubtful on that One (I dont' care about DBA though).

I would have to see them up close to see what they are made of, and what the Pitch is on the Blades (With count).
Probably more in the 30dBa range if they are anything like an Aerocool.

I'll know better once I get mine and have a close look.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old May 28, 2009, 08:40 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Excellent... I'll be ordering at least 3 of these to replace my intake fans for behemoth, and perhaps an extra 2 for the Freezone elites if their static pressure is what they say. Mmmmmm for bluje leds in a black housing. hehe
Old May 28, 2009, 09:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Personally I can't stand CM Fans. I have one on the side of my CM 690 case, and another in my brother's rig and their just too loud. I haven't had any problems with Noctua at all. But hey, whatever satifies you, that's ight!

I'll have to admit though that the fan your posted looks stunning. I would buy it if it weren't for my experiences with them.
Old May 28, 2009, 09:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
Personally I can't stand CM Fans. I have one on the side of my CM 690 case, and another in my brother's rig and their just too loud. I haven't had any problems with Noctua at all. But hey, whatever satifies you, that's ight!

I'll have to admit though that the fan your posted looks stunning. I would buy it if it weren't for my experiences with them.

You never know Bo, new designs could mean better fans.

I am never one to take a bad experience with something from years ago and let it effect my current Judgement.
After all, I was burned 3 times by LG optical Drives...and yet , in the end, they released new ones, with better firmware, and well, I'm happy with them again.

To each their own, I can't wait to test these guys out!

ST

Old May 28, 2009, 09:29 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Please do test em ST! I'm eager to get em already, hehe.
Old May 28, 2009, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Get some nice clear pictures while you're at it too so that I can see what they look like. Oh, and some audio too! HEHE....
Old May 28, 2009, 11:33 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post

Really? I have 2 120mm 44cfm blue LED fans and I can't hear them at all, not even running at full speed. Do you keep your tower on your desk beside you?
BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC || Crucial M4 C400 128GB SSD
WD WD6401AALS 640GB x2 || Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5TB
LG L203WT 20.1" LCD || LiteOn 16x DVD+RW DL
Overclock: 3588 MHz @ 1.475v (17.5x205), 2255 CPU-NB @ 1.275v, 2050 HTT, 5-5-5-15-25-2T - 1093 @ 2.1v || GTX 280 @ 635/2302/1391

Old May 28, 2009, 01:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No it's actually on the ground with the fan on the other side of where I sit, so it's not even directed at me. I may try taking it out to hear the difference but i've put my ear up against it and that's where the noise is coming from.