Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26, 2009, 09:17 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Sluggish 12cm fan?

I've noticed that the blue led fan I have on the window of my case is a bit slow to start up when turned on and when running I can make out the blades as they move rather than the whole fan being a blur as I am used to. I have never had an LED fan before so can I see it because of the LED's or is it moving slow?
Old May 27, 2009, 01:05 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

The speed might be temperature controlled. Your case is cool when you just start up and gets warmer after running a while so that would explain it.
Old May 27, 2009, 05:13 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, it could be a few things.
Like the Baron said, it could be temp controlled.

How do you have that plugged in? MB header? Molex Pass-Through?

Most MB's have smart fan controls for anything you plug into a Header, which could be a reason for it looking slow.

Best way to test it to make sure its okay is to run it off a Molex and see if it still acts the same way.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 27, 2009, 11:15 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

It is running daisy-chained off another fan's molex. Could the split power be another explanation?
Old May 27, 2009, 11:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by clone63 View Post
It is running daisy-chained off another fan's molex. Could the split power be another explanation?
No, I've daisy Chained 7 Fans in a Tempest Together on One Molex off the PSU.
Bad Fan possibly...is it pushing a lot of air or no?
I'd say replace it, you might have a defective one.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 27, 2009, 04:58 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I can definitely feel air moving from it, but not as much as I expected. This is my first tower in 3/4 years (lowsy laptops) so I can't say how the 12cm contrasts to others.
Since my case temps aren't high at all I'll probably just leave it until it actually craps out or temps begin to increase.