Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/)
-   -   Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800 VGA Cooler fan died again (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/17972-arctic-cooling-accelero-xtreme-8800-vga-cooler-fan-died-again.html)

shayan288 May 15, 2009 07:03 PM

Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800 VGA Cooler fan died again

Hi all,
recently my 8800gtx's cooler fans died ( Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800 VGA Cooler ) I bought it from somebody who had rma'd it before selling me it (he rma'd due to the same cause I am having right now) and I am left with a stock cooler with no fan on it (I have noooo clue why it does not have one. When I asked the guy who installed the new cooler for me, he said that I had the fan on when he installed it (the same guy who sold me the cooler) (I did not know how to install anything inside a computer at that time) the fan was there, when from what I remembered, I never saw a fan when he gave it back. But anyways, I do not know whether I should just buy another cooler for 70 bucks (would take me liek 1 month to get that money, therfore no computer for 1 month), or whether I should buy three 80mm fans for the cooler and try my best to install it (I have no clue how to but google can probably help me) (I also have no clue of what fan to buy. All 80 mm fans dont look liek the fans that would fit into my cooler), or whether I should buy one 92mm fan for my stock cooler and try my best to install it even though i don not know how myself aswell and do not know where I can find one.
Thanks for reading.
PLEEAASE HELP! :sad:
s288

PLg May 15, 2009 07:29 PM

I would suggest RMA. Can't you run the cooler in passive? the accelero one.
What vga cooler do you want to buy?

PLg

shayan288 May 15, 2009 07:47 PM

One day I came home and turned on my monitor (my computer was already on) and I saw black squares flickering. I knew the gpu was overheating. For some reason, I was too stupid to check my temps. I kept on restarting and it kept on booting into safe mode. Got tired and annoyed of it booting into safe mode, so I decide to check my gpu temps... 128 friken celcius!
I check my gpu cooler's fan's, and they werent spinning. they are just completely dead. I cannot RMA because, 1. I didnt buy the cooler myself (I bought of somebody else), 2. I have no clue how to rma :D. With regards to the vga cooler I want to buy, I have no clue (I would like some suggestions please). I would probably go with the same cooler I had, if I had no choice because its the only one I see in ncix that would work with my 8800gtx.

PLg May 16, 2009 06:08 AM

Well i use the ZALMAN VF1000 2 Ball VGA Cooler and it is just awesome. It's almost like it was passive cooling. It is not too expensive. Your problem is that you have a gtx so you need an extra ZM-RHS88 required only for 8800gts and gtx which makes the cooler price around 80. ::: Zalman, leading the world of Quiet Computing Solutions ::: you can read that in the FAQ section. Second I'm pretty convince the zalman takes way less room on the motherboard.

PLg

gingerbee May 16, 2009 06:39 AM

can you not just remove the fans and strap a good fan on . just saying cause that's what most people do with the accelero vga coolers i have owned a lot of s1 this year only got one on my 4850 right now with a zalmen zip tied to it work great.

shayan288 May 16, 2009 11:28 AM

umm. can someone please link me to a fan that I can buy (3 of them) to replace the fans in my accelero 8800 cooler, and also tell me how to. I couldnt find any guides on google that does so.

PLg May 16, 2009 12:06 PM

From what I can read on ncix you will need 3 80mm. For the how to, you'll have to ask gingerbee. tie raps...?
So start looking for dif models and the money you wanna spend on them.

JMCD May 18, 2009 09:07 PM

If you can't RMA let me know, I have an extra one I was planning on selling. Would sell for 20+ shipping and I used it for maybe 6 weeks before I went water.