Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 9, 2009, 10:27 AM
Rookie

Angry Antec Tricool - Akasa fan controller

How would I go about connecting Antec Tricool fans to an Akasa Pro Fan controller?
I've heard it through the grapevine that one needs to use a 3 pin to molex but I'm still not sure.
Can anyone explain in a little detail or perhaps show a video?
Thanks,

Last edited by misterhelpmeplease; May 10, 2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old May 9, 2009, 08:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Buddy, you posted this same thing way too much...
Old May 10, 2009, 12:02 PM
MVP

Tried the same thing, never got it to work properly. You can try cutting the red/black molex leads and wiring that to a 3pin fan connector.

In the end I'd just use the built in fan controller, or buy a new fan.
Old May 11, 2009, 08:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Cooler master $5 blue LED silent 120mm fans > tri cools, and they work pretty well with controllers. But I agree with JDrom this subject is done and dead.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old May 21, 2009, 01:55 PM
Rookie

okay, well I fixed the problm, this forrum is not at all helpful so no, I guess this topis isn't dead.
If u want to be ignorant and agree with that muppet Jdrom u do that,
and u know what you can do with your coolermaster fans.....
Old May 21, 2009, 02:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Dude you fixed your problem, no reason to praise me in one topic and then be so rude in others, the CM fans work great and for the price are much better then the tri cools which is why I sudgested them... Dont like that sudgestion then dont go with the fans, no reason what so ever to tell me where to stick them, that is just rude and completely uncalled for.

Yes this topic is dead as you posted pretty much the same issue again in another spot in the threads, you can keep your questions in that topic instead of spreading them out, atleast thats what me and obivously JDrom thought. It is not appropriate for a new member to call long time members like Jdrom a mupper or any names for that matter, I personally have alot of respect for JD, I may not always share his views or oppinions but he knows what hes doing and has proved that to me time and time again....

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old May 21, 2009, 04:59 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterhelpmeplease View Post
okay, well I fixed the problm, this forrum is not at all helpful so no, I guess this topis isn't dead.
If u want to be ignorant and agree with that muppet Jdrom u do that,
and u know what you can do with your coolermaster fans.....
Hey dude;
Before saying our community sucks, try posting your issues in one thread. You have two separate threads for the same issue, and when I see that, it becomes a pain trying to help as you have to follow two separate discussions to see what solutions and advice have already been offered. I saw your threads, and thought about helping, but it was going to be confusing as heck with the way you went about asking.

Not trying to flame, just offering an explanation as to why you did not get the response you were hoping for, so that you can improve your requests in the future. Constructive criticism for yourself and others new to posting in forums.

Cheers

Chris
Fold for team #54196