Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 22, 2009, 05:33 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I buy a V10, you review it shortly after I buy it, I buy a Megahalems and you're in the process of reviewing it. Isn't it time you stopped following my lead ;)

I totally agree with your observations on the mounting system, which were shared by every review I've read on this cooler. BTW, if you have a Delta AFB1212SH-PWM laying around, all I can say is try it, you'll like it. If you don't, I'd even go so far as to ship my spare one to you, free gratis, provided you return it. 113.11 CFM sure does move a lot of air over those fins and 69C max, on the Small FFT's test in Prime95 @ 4200 MHz, on a i7 920, doesn't seem all that bad.

BTW, I forgot to mention that Prolimatech strongly suggests not to lap this cooler and I followed their advice. Also, I did notice, by the seat of my pants method, that the orientation that I used to mount the cooler seemed to offer a firmer contact with the CPU.

Old April 22, 2009, 06:49 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

LOL...its more like I usually have so much on my plate that by the time a review goes live...I'm 4 or 5 reviews on :)~

Thanks for the delta offer...but if I do one cooler with a delta...I'd have to not only do every one from here on in with one BUT also redo a butt load of "oldies" (WAYY to much work! :)~ ). It will be tested w/ 1 NF-P12-1300 for the "official" results and then 2 NF-P12s. That way all coolers which don't come w/ a fan can be compared apples to apples.

For mounting, I'll be testing (as usual) in all possible directions on a open testbed w/ best results reported.

I'm glad you like yours. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out but right now it looks to be a very top notch, top quality piece of kit. I try to not read other reviews of a unit so to not colour my results but I do lurk here from time to time :)~

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 22, 2009, 10:27 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks for the heads up and I'm really looking forward to your review.

At least we know in advance that with the NF-P12-1300(s) you your setup will be a whole lot quieter than mine, even on an open testbed.

Old May 1, 2009, 04:23 PM
Trial Member

I ordered it this afternoon. Will post my review, once I mount it on my X58. I am really hoping it wont let me down..as I had spent more than 40 hours to look for a best air cooler for my i7. I was also impressed by the reviews online & ordered it. I had eliminated coolermasterV8 & Noctua u-12P & vigor Monsoon to pick this one.
Old May 2, 2009, 08:48 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I think you'll really like it but I'm biased. Just take your time, dry fit everything and you shouldn't have any problems. However, if you do need any assistance, just send me a PM.

I just installed another Delta AFB1212SH-PWM fan, in a push/pull orientation, toward the rear of my case. That dropped my temps 3-4 C across the board and I found this PWM Y cable to connect both fans to my motherboards PMW header.

FrozenCPU PMW Y Splitter Cable - FrozenCPU.com

FYI, I was a little concerned about my motherboards 4 pin fan header being able to power two of those fans but according to my motherboard manual and ASUS support, I had a ton of headroom.

Both fans are being controlled from my BIOS and at idle are literally loafing along at 1188 rpms but quickly spin up to 2344 under load.

Old May 4, 2009, 03:45 AM
Trial Member

Hey Dogger, I was wondering since you have the Prolimatech Megahalems in a HAF 932 why you didn't orientate the heatsink so that it exhausted out the top of the case.
Old May 4, 2009, 04:39 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by revnev View Post
Hey Dogger, I was wondering since you have the Prolimatech Megahalems in a HAF 932 why you didn't orientate the heatsink so that it exhausted out the top of the case.
That was the orientation that I wanted to use but when I was dry fitting my Megahalems, in all directions, it seemed to mate with the cpu somewhat more firmly in that direction.

Old May 4, 2009, 02:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wink

sexy Heat sink! transformer in your PC. that sounds so cool
Old July 13, 2009, 08:18 PM
Rookie

AkG: What ever happened to the review? Did you complete it after?
Old July 14, 2009, 02:30 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yep, it's in with the rest of the reviews off of the main page.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP