You wrote:"Wires got tucked under the fan heater afterwards."

Turn off the fan heater, your temps should go down... :-D

Ego cogito, ergo deus non est.
Old May 12, 2009, 10:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I can only thing of two things ,

1) Your Case Fans aren't keeping up with the demands of your TRUE

2) You got an Oddball Chip that just runs hotter than hell.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 12, 2009, 10:38 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I can only thing of two things ,

1) Your Case Fans aren't keeping up with the demands of your TRUE

2) You got an Oddball Chip that just runs hotter than hell.

ST
Actually, I set them up in a way that the TRUE push air through the Big Boy Fan on top. (I can feel the gust of Wind on top). Your option 2 is very unlikely because why would it have been running at the same temps before with Cheaper TIM, lower Static Pressure fan and less pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gellidius View Post
You wrote:"Wires got tucked under the fan heater afterwards."

Turn off the fan header, your temps should go down... :-D
CPU Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Memory Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Old May 12, 2009, 11:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chos3n View Post
Actually, I set them up in a way that the TRUE push air through the Big Boy Fan on top. (I can feel the gust of Wind on top). Your option 2 is very unlikely because why would it have been running at the same temps before with Cheaper TIM, lower Static Pressure fan and less pressure.

I wasn't talking about where the Air Was going, I was talking about the overall Intake of Air into your case.
And, In my speed of Response I didn't add that you may just have faulty sensors as well.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old May 12, 2009, 12:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I don't see what is so surprising here.

Replacing the Scythe S-Flex fans with the Noctua fans won't bring any difference because they're of equal "class".

The quarter only prevents the TRUE from spinning left or right but the downforce was already sufficient without it. Therefore you shouldn't expect an improvement from the coin either.

Finally...about this new thermal compound...if it really could drop your temps by 5 as compared to AS5 or MX-2 then don't you think you would see it for sale at reputable stores instead of just at this forum? Again...false expectations.
Main: Intel 2600K @ 4.8GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 | 16GB Corsair DDR3-2000 | 2 x 256GB Samsung 850 Pro | 2 x 4TB Hitachi 7K4000 | 3 x 2TB WD Caviar Black | Antec 1200 | Seasonic XP-860 Platinum | 4GB GTX 970 Windforce | 2 x 27" Asus VE278Q | Asus Essence ST | Win7 Pro 64-bit
Old May 12, 2009, 12:39 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oversized Rooster View Post
I don't see what is so surprising here.

Replacing the Scythe S-Flex fans with the Noctua fans won't bring any difference because they're of equal "class".

The quarter only prevents the TRUE from spinning left or right but the downforce was already sufficient without it. Therefore you shouldn't expect an improvement from the coin either.

Finally...about this new thermal compound...if it really could drop your temps by 5 as compared to AS5 or MX-2 then don't you think you would see it for sale at reputable stores instead of just at this forum? Again...false expectations.
You do have points... but then what do you say about my 2 new fans. Before I had the following.

NCIX.com - Buy Noctua NF-S12-1200 120MM Ultra Quiet Cooling Fan 1200RPM 81M3/H 17DBA Molex - NF-S12-1200 In Canada.

and I changed with the following:

NCIX.com - Buy Noctua NF-P12-1300 120MM Ultra Quiet Cooling Fan 1100-1300RPM 63-92M3/H 12.6-19.8DBA Molex - NF-P12-1300 In Canada.

So I can feel that there is way more pressure going... So it would except a few degrees down. Also, check these benchmarks

Thermalright TRUE Black 120 CPU Cooler Review

Why would a Q6600 run at 23 degree, when my Wolfdale is suppose to be cooler (45nm)... So why in the world I have 36 idle... I should be around the Q6600...

:help:
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Old May 12, 2009, 05:33 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Can I ask when you changed TIM, how did you clean your HSF and IHF? I use acetone until the soft cloth comes back clean.

Also, after all you've done, I'm guessing something is keeping the base and CPU from full contact, lapping the TRUE is probly your only option to getting a temp drop.
Old May 12, 2009, 05:40 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

comparing temperatures across forums or reviews is impossible. ambient temperature is the biggest factor in air cooling, and unless you used the exact same temperature device to measure your ambient and matched it up to theirs, numbers will never match. factor in the fact that CPU's all run different temperatures. take for instance this latest batch of i7 920's that run some 20C hotter than other batches. silicone isn't identical all the time. i have had hot C2D's since they come out...they love sub zero and clock like hell. your chip may simply run hotter than the ones you are trying to compare to.

as mchutch has said as well, IHS's and heat sink bases rarely match up well. perhaps you just don't have a good match.

really, the variables are endless. the only thing you can compare is your before and after...and with that fan switch, i wouldn't expect a single degree of difference IMO.
Old May 12, 2009, 06:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I just realized something else as well...I'd change the orientation of your HSF if you could to make it Horizontal.

Feel the backside of your VC when you have it running, they get smoking hot.
Your HSF is right now taking in Hot/Warm air oriented that way it is right now as well.
That could mess your temps up too , IMHO.

Regards,
ST

Old May 12, 2009, 07:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I just realized something else as well...I'd change the orientation of your HSF if you could to make it Horizontal.

Feel the backside of your VC when you have it running, they get smoking hot.
Your HSF is right now taking in Hot/Warm air oriented that way it is right now as well.
That could mess your temps up too , IMHO.

Regards,
ST
That could be a good point. But at the same time, hot air rises, so putting them like that kind make sense (overall, cooler ambient). Sure thing, it`s really close of it though. Only thing, can I change the rotation with my current IC7 paste and not re-apply some. I'm kind of running low (2nd time I used it). I would like someone to confirm me if that my orientation is screwing up my temps.

I just checked... my Video Card is running at 40 degrees IDLE... so it could be linked...

Also, thanks for the information 3oh6 concerning the different type of processor...
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX