Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 27, 2009, 05:22 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Put it down like that stupid yellow dog from that old movie...

This site really needs an "evil" smiley, y'know?

If i don't just go with watercooling, looks like I'll have one of these.
Old April 19, 2009, 08:24 PM
Allstar
F@H

Anyone try it with dominator ram? or know the clearence over the ram?
Old May 5, 2009, 08:39 PM

My System Specs

I've decided to take my V10 to the next level. I ordered a 140w 40mm TEC + PSU for it today. I'm not sure if the lil' heatsink will be able to handle the heat load. But I will try at least.
Old May 5, 2009, 11:11 PM
Rookie

Hello,

1rst post!

I have a V-10 and I want to put beefier fans in it. I need to know how the plastic cowl is mounted? It appears in pics just to have 2 screws on one end? Also are those hex screws or a "special" tool?

Could someone who has taken this beast apart please post a brief tutorial on how to remove the cowl and fans.

I wish this was in the review like it was in the V-8.
Old May 6, 2009, 09:16 AM

My System Specs

They are just standard hex screws. Remove those 2, and the 6 screws that hold each of the fans in. Then pull up.
Old May 6, 2009, 07:38 PM
Rookie

Aren't the fans just connected to the cowl? Won't they kind of fall out if I take all the screws out and then lift the cowl? Don't want to damage the cooling fins. Fans have 6 screws?
Old May 6, 2009, 08:26 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Aren't the fans just connected to the cowl? Won't they kind of fall out if I take all the screws out and then lift the cowl? Don't want to damage the cooling fins. Fans have 6 screws?
O ya you are right. I wasn't thinking. It is just the 2 hex screws.
Old May 6, 2009, 09:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I've decided to take my V10 to the next level. I ordered a 140w 40mm TEC + PSU for it today. I'm not sure if the lil' heatsink will be able to handle the heat load. But I will try at least.
Didn't catch that, but might be interesting. Even if you don't run it at full voltage, there might be some potential for improvement. Maybe make that 5V rail do a little work, eh?
Old May 6, 2009, 09:48 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
Didn't catch that, but might be interesting. Even if you don't run it at full voltage, there might be some potential for improvement. Maybe make that 5V rail do a little work, eh?
The PSU I bought is a cheap little 155W meanwell. I don't believe it has any adjustments either unfortunately.
Old October 22, 2011, 12:55 AM
Trial Member

Instead of running the TEC at full power, the reviewer should have installed a 100watt OHMite rheostat/potentiometer and used a multi-meter to read the output voltage and current while starting the TEC off at a lower power like 1volt. This would have been a more honest method of testing its full potential.

Also I take issue with methodology and the fact that the reviewer never posted ambient temperatures and testing on a CPU is a highly variable source for heat. Instead, a consistent 100watt heat place should have been used and the temperature of the heatplate should be used to determine the effectiveness of all cooling devices.
OHMITE RKS2R0 RHEOSTAT, WIREWOUND, 2OHM, 100W

I am very interested in this unit for cooling my AMD FM1 APU based system, as I live in the south and summers here even with the central airconditioning running can cause CPU temps to drastically rise to alarming levels with out any overclocking involved. Another product I have found which I would like to see reviewed is the Ultra ChillTEC which seems like it may have some ideas that really better than the coolermaster concept.
Ultra ChillTEC 939/AM2/AM3/775/1366 Thermal Electric Overclocking CPU Cooler With Controller at TigerDirect.com
#790 - Ultra ChillTec Thermo Electric CPU Cooler - YouTube