Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 22, 2009, 12:51 AM
Top Prospect

I've got the Ultima, good cooler, I've got my E2160 @ 3.2GHZ 60C on dual prime 95 load.. I'd get a used HSF if possible, you could save some money :] (I got mines used) :P
Old February 22, 2009, 05:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Bones,

Here are a couple of pics of my HAF during the build that show how much room there is in the case, even with the V10. Please excuse my first attempt at wire management, which was lame to say the least. Since that pic I rerouted the wires etc. and now it looks a whole lot cleaner.

Here are my results after I successfully overclocked my 920 to 3990.

I've got to say that I was really impressed with the V10's cooling abilities, as illustrated above.

Old February 22, 2009, 08:47 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
It does take up some space. There's the fan, and the plastic grill holding the fan that get in the way of the tall tower CPU coolers. It projects from the case side into the case about 40mm. Thus the clearance problem. Let me know if you want a shot of the side panel from the inside to see what I mean. Maybe look at HDT downdraft type coolers? Or go water.
A close up of the inside would be nice to see ... Thanks SugarJ

And Dogger,

The V10 REALLY is huge but it definitely does its job. Thanks for the pix ... And that's an awesome looking rig ...
Old February 22, 2009, 09:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

As you can see, the fan protrudes into the case overtop the CPU area, about 1 1/4" by my tape measure.
Old February 22, 2009, 09:13 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
And Dogger,

The V10 REALLY is huge but it definitely does its job. Thanks for the pix ... And that's an awesome looking rig ...
I ordered another XFX GTX285 this weekend for a SLI setup, then it will look really awesome

One of the nicer things about the HAF case is it's got the room to add about anything you could ever dream about. So in that regard, it's about as future proof a case as you can get. One other point worth mentioning, which I'm certain you read about, those 3 230mm fans and the one 140mm fan really cool the inside of your case and since the 230mm fans don't require high speed to move a lot of air, the case is extremely quite.

Cooler Master should think about paying me money for all the positive reviews I've done on their products but as I think you can tell, I really like the HAF and the V10.

Old February 22, 2009, 10:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
As you can see, the fan protrudes into the case overtop the CPU area, about 1 1/4" by my tape measure.
Yeah, I had the same problem when I had my P190, the side panel assembly was 40mm thick, and I couldn't fit sinks like the TRUE or Ninja in. Pretty freaking stupid oversight, in my opinion.
Old February 24, 2009, 09:19 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:

Thanks for the great pix. Seeing something close up is always better than reading some vague product description. From your pix, I can see why their is such little room in such a big case ... That sucker really sticks out. This feature is something Coolermaster should improve upon in their next gen cases.
Old February 24, 2009, 09:22 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogger1 View Post
Cooler Master should think about paying me money for all the positive reviews I've done on their products .
Old February 24, 2009, 09:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Does it have to be low profile? Also, Would a bolt through kit work on NCIX.com - Buy Thermalright AXP-140 Low Profile High Performance Heatpipe CPU Cooler LGA775 *No Fan Included* - AXP-140 In Canada. ? I have this cooling my q6600, and love it.
Old February 26, 2009, 09:35 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
Does it have to be low profile? Also, Would a bolt through kit work on NCIX.com - Buy Thermalright AXP-140 Low Profile High Performance Heatpipe CPU Cooler LGA775 *No Fan Included* - AXP-140 In Canada. ? I have this cooling my q6600, and love it.

Must be less than 145mm. That's not really low but a lot of heat sinks that aren't called low profile are huge (eg. the V10 or even the V8)

The AXP-140 would be perfect but I'm not sure if the bolt through kit would work "Thermalright LGA1366 Bolt-Thru Mounting Kit is designed to allow an Ultra series / HR-01 Plus / HR-01 4U / HR-01 3U / Ultima-90 heatsink to attach to an LGA1366 motherboard." Doesn't mention AXP-140 ... Too bad I really like this one.

Thanks for the input Phobia