Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11, 2009, 06:53 PM
Top Prospect

Default Xigmatek ACK-i7361 Bracket Installation (few questions!)

Hi, i have purchased Xigmatek Retention Bracket to install my Ocz Vendetta 2 cooler on my Q9650.

My question is : in the box i have separate double sided sticker that one side should stick on the bracket and the other side should stick on the back of the mother board when installing the bracket.

But i heard once it's stiked on the MB it's VERY HARD to remove, so does it cause problem if i just do not remove the paper that protect the sticky part that should stick on my MB.
That way it will not stick onto my MB.

Second Question, what happen if i just do not put the double sided sticker at all...?
If the metal bracket touche the back of the MB i will shock it ?

If so, it really a necessity to at least stick it on the bracket and this sticker is the only thing that prevent the MB to being skocked? (i think it's not very tick) there is really no risk of damaging the MB ?

Thanks and sorry for bad english!
Old February 11, 2009, 07:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just stick one side to bracket and leave paper or plastic on other side so it does not stick to mobo....it will work fine that way.
Old February 11, 2009, 07:36 PM
MVP

My System Specs

You may remove just a small piece of paper, so it still sticks to MB, but it should not be that hard to remove using hairdryer to heat up the glue.
Is your backplate is perfectly flat? I mean, if you put it on the desk surface, does it rock as two ends are slightly higher than other two?
Intel i7-3770
Kingstone HyperX 2 x 8GB
Crucial M4 256GB + 128 GB
Sapphire Radeon HD7970
Nec Multisync LCD2690WUXI
Old February 12, 2009, 02:41 PM
Top Prospect

I just checked the Backplate it look almost perfectly flat... it rock a very very little bit but it's almost nothing.

What happen if it's not perfectly flat ? there is risk of short the MB ?