Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1, 2009, 09:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default What are those things that can be used instead of screws?

So i need some of those rubbers thingy that hold 120mm fans instead of screws. I bough a gelid fan and they came with them, and i find there really useful for fans and i need more.

Anyone know where i can buy them? and what are they call?

Google was no help
Old February 1, 2009, 09:19 PM
Rookie

Rubber fan mounts?

There are a ton of choices available from performance-pc's

Rubber Screws - Closed Chassis Fan Mounts (Vibration Isolators) - Set of 4 - Black Products Model: RS-CC-BK [RS-CC-BK] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Old February 1, 2009, 10:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

How many did you want???? :)

NCIX.com - Buy Nexus ANTI-VIBRATION Mounting Kit 60 Piece Rubber Fan Mounts HDD Screws Case Feet Tie Straps - MOUNTINGKIT In Canada.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old February 2, 2009, 04:12 AM
Banned

You know it is embarrassing to say this but I have no idea how to even USE these things.

Seriously no fan that come with these....like Noctua....came with instructions on how to use them.
Old February 2, 2009, 06:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
You know it is embarrassing to say this but I have no idea how to even USE these things.

Seriously no fan that come with these....like Noctua....came with instructions on how to use them.
Basically pull them through you case (until it's flush), stick the fan on, and continue pulling them until the fan "clicks" into place. At least that's how I do it...
Old February 2, 2009, 08:13 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Basically pull them through you case (until it's flush), stick the fan on, and continue pulling them until the fan "clicks" into place. At least that's how I do it...
Yup, thats pretty much how you put them on...
Old February 2, 2009, 10:19 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Those rubber things look handy, i been using twist ties all the time.
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old February 2, 2009, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
With the "titty" on the inside right?

What about if I want to take the fan off. Are they reusable?
Old February 2, 2009, 05:26 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Sometimes. Depends on their age, quality of material...etc...etc
Long story short...sometimes they are reusable but the longer they are in place the less likely they are to be (same goes for number of times installed and reinstalled) :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 2, 2009, 05:31 PM
Banned

I am more concerned that it will deteriorate and drop my fan in my system when I least expect it.