Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/)
-   -   What are those things that can be used instead of screws? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/14468-what-those-things-can-used-instead-screws.html)

Silvgearx February 1, 2009 09:11 PM

What are those things that can be used instead of screws?

So i need some of those rubbers thingy that hold 120mm fans instead of screws. I bough a gelid fan and they came with them, and i find there really useful for fans and i need more.

Anyone know where i can buy them? and what are they call?

Google was no help :ph34r:

sabermetrics February 1, 2009 09:19 PM

Rubber fan mounts?

There are a ton of choices available from performance-pc's

Rubber Screws - Closed Chassis Fan Mounts (Vibration Isolators) - Set of 4 - Black Products Model: RS-CC-BK [RS-CC-BK] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

sswilson February 1, 2009 10:00 PM

How many did you want???? :)

NCIX.com - Buy Nexus ANTI-VIBRATION Mounting Kit 60 Piece Rubber Fan Mounts HDD Screws Case Feet Tie Straps - MOUNTINGKIT In Canada.

Digikid February 2, 2009 04:12 AM

You know it is embarrassing to say this but I have no idea how to even USE these things.

Seriously no fan that come with these....like Noctua....came with instructions on how to use them.

JD February 2, 2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digikid (Post 146579)
You know it is embarrassing to say this but I have no idea how to even USE these things.

Seriously no fan that come with these....like Noctua....came with instructions on how to use them.

Basically pull them through you case (until it's flush), stick the fan on, and continue pulling them until the fan "clicks" into place. At least that's how I do it...

sabermetrics February 2, 2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrom17 (Post 146607)
Basically pull them through you case (until it's flush), stick the fan on, and continue pulling them until the fan "clicks" into place. At least that's how I do it...

Yup, thats pretty much how you put them on...

Dar_ell February 2, 2009 10:19 AM

Those rubber things look handy, i been using twist ties all the time.

Digikid February 2, 2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrom17 (Post 146607)

With the "titty" on the inside right? :rofl:

What about if I want to take the fan off. Are they reusable?

AkG February 2, 2009 05:26 PM

Sometimes. Depends on their age, quality of material...etc...etc
Long story short...sometimes they are reusable but the longer they are in place the less likely they are to be (same goes for number of times installed and reinstalled) :)

Digikid February 2, 2009 05:31 PM

I am more concerned that it will deteriorate and drop my fan in my system when I least expect it.