Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old January 14, 2009, 05:05 PM
element291's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Great choice element you won't be disappointed!!

Did you get the bolt-thru kit to?

EE
I was not aware of it when I placed the order
__________________

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |




Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old January 15, 2009, 02:32 AM
Eagle Eye's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kleinburg, ON
Posts: 2,069

My System Specs

Default

With such a large heatink the pushpin system simliar to the stock cooler is questionable at best If there is anyway you might be able to add it to your order before it ships I'd do it.

EE
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old January 15, 2009, 06:45 AM
element291's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 674
Default

Got the vendetta about 2 minutes ago! Ordered the arctic cooling accelero xtreme 9800 vga cooler as well from direct canada along with the OCZ Freeze, another fan, and the arctic silver arcticlean cleaner. Everything arrived today but it appears DirectCanada sucks again. No VGA cooler in the box...... Now the site says they are not available... I've honestly had nothing but problems with DC so far. I think its time to end my shopping there. NCIX FTW! :)
__________________

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |




Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old January 15, 2009, 06:51 AM
Eagle Eye's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kleinburg, ON
Posts: 2,069

My System Specs

Default

Can you post a pic? I'd love to see that.

EE
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old January 15, 2009, 06:54 AM
element291's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Can you post a pic? I'd love to see that.

EE

The box missing the VGA Cooler?
__________________

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |




Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old January 15, 2009, 06:59 AM
Eagle Eye's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kleinburg, ON
Posts: 2,069

My System Specs

Default

Oh, sorry I misunderstood I thought you got an empty retail package with no card, they just didn't send it. Nevermind then.

EE
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old January 15, 2009, 07:05 AM
element291's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Oh, sorry I misunderstood I thought you got an empty retail package with no card, they just didn't send it. Nevermind then.

EE

Hehe, its basically equivalent. I paid for the airshipping because I wanted to get all this cooling stuff dealt with in one shot. Then to not receive it... that is a major inconvenience
__________________

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |




Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old January 15, 2009, 10:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,411

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by element291 View Post
Hehe, its basically equivalent. I paid for the airshipping because I wanted to get all this cooling stuff dealt with in one shot. Then to not receive it... that is a major inconvenience
It's happened to me a couple times, contact their customer support through the email option on their site. They'll still send it air shipping but you'll have to find an ETA on the product. It's happened to me a couple times and it can be a pain.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old January 15, 2009, 08:33 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by element291 View Post
Got the vendetta about 2 minutes ago! Ordered the arctic cooling accelero xtreme 9800 vga cooler as well from direct canada along with the OCZ Freeze, another fan, and the arctic silver arcticlean cleaner. Everything arrived today but it appears DirectCanada sucks again. No VGA cooler in the box...... Now the site says they are not available... I've honestly had nothing but problems with DC so far. I think its time to end my shopping there. NCIX FTW! :)
I`ve used them twice, and been impressed both times. I ordered two Noctua fans on Tuesday afternoon - got both of them this morning in Toronto. Give them another try - just make sure the items are *In stock*.
__________________
ASUS P6X58D-E; INTEL i7 950 ; NOCTUA NH-U12P; PNYGeForce GTX 460 OCX ; LIAN-LI PC-V1020 CASE; SEASONIC PLATINUM 860; WINDOWS 8 PRO 64-BIT.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4870 Temps too High? arekieh Video Cards 10 November 28, 2008 07:41 PM
BFG 8800gt oc temps high rob123 Video Cards 7 November 6, 2008 12:13 PM
High Temps BALISTX Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking 20 July 14, 2008 04:32 PM
HDD, CPU temps too high? donimo HTPC Systems & Software 12 June 6, 2008 09:34 AM
What are high temps for the 9800GTX?? bushwickbill Video Cards 0 April 29, 2008 06:57 AM