Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2009, 05:44 PM
MVP

Default its the side of the case itself........

whenever i place the fan against the side of the case blowing air in it buzzes. turn the fan around and no buzz. this is as i said with all models of fan.

it was less with the Kaze fans but still noticeable.

still cant figure why it only happens when the fans are set up to blow air in. and doesnt happen when they are set blow air out of the case. if it were a vibration of the fans issue i would have thought it would happen no matter what.

cheers

rob123
Old January 8, 2009, 09:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Bad Resonance insulation I would guess. *the fan's bearing style could possibly be sending the vibrations in a directional way, but I'm no Wave Theory Engineer*
I still stand by my theory of using Dampening Material to solve this. If you create a cushion for the vibrations to go into, you will most likely solve the issue.
I believe you when you say its the side of the physical case.
I was merely going over everything in my head really.

I always believe *much like when I work on cars* fix with the cheapest solution first, before changing the big stuff.

Good Luck man,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 8, 2009, 09:58 PM
MVP

Default thx

i will prowl for something to yse.

cheers

rob123
Old January 9, 2009, 07:51 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Good Luck Rob, I only suggest what I suggest because to me it makes sense lol, and its the cheapest Route to travel right now.

I hope that insulating the Fans will reduce/eliminate the vibrations.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com