Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 30, 2008, 07:25 AM
Allstar
F@H

Default System Temperature

where does speedfan get this temperature from? it says my system temperature is at -10c, i have seen it go as low as -12c, i had my q6600 at 3.0ghz but went to stock to see what the lowest core temps i can get, low 20's is good (i assume), might try going to 3.6 on air, after the new year.

edit. added compressed picture (full size), the .jpeg seems to have been resized and may be hard to read.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip temps.zip (273.7 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by BT!; December 30, 2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old December 30, 2008, 10:00 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT! View Post
where does speedfan get this temperature from?
Because Speed fan is trying to work right for every board and every cpu out there it is very general as to where and what it gathers for information to display.

Configure/Advanced/Select Chip to see and/or adjust information that is being polled.

Under Configure/temperatures you can add/remove sensors that are reading garbage..like your system temperature reading and those 2 dead fan sensors.

Best way to tell what sensor is doing what job is to write down idle temps for each sensor then load up your machine with work...like folding for HWC :) ,wait a half hour then compare the new values to idle values.

Generally speaking,
Motherboard Sensor will be closest to your room temperature with system at idle.
Next Higher temperature will be your heat spreader on your CPU while system is working.
Highest temps will be your individual cores for your Q6600 while system is working.

I have adjusted my core temps to match values recorded in TAT to make a more valid monitor out of speedfan.