Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 22, 2008, 09:42 AM
MVP

Default OCZ Vendetta 2 Question

Hello to all - I am building a new mid level gamer and using the OCZ Vendetta 2. Because I don't like the push pin set up, I got the Crossbow screw mount set from xigaamitek (how do you spell that again?) And it works great. Now my question is, since the crossbow set up lets you tighten the cooler to the cpu, how tight do you want it? I went with just snug....the cooler is firm and not wobbly but I could have tightened it more. I was nervous to just tighten it as tight as it would go though. Anybody here using a set up like mine and care to comment?
I am at mid build and kind of dawdling around - should finish it later today though. Can't wait to see how the Vendetta2 does - supposed to be quite good.
Zilla
Old November 22, 2008, 09:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

Snug sounds perfect. If it's not wobbling there's nothing to really worry about. Too many people reef on the thing with a screwdriver and start damaging things.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old November 23, 2008, 12:33 AM
MVP

Got it set up today and it works really well. CPU is chillin' at 26 C as I surf - which I guess is pretty good. I need to try a mild OC next.
Old November 23, 2008, 07:01 AM
MVP

Just more reassurance for long term...
I had the same question when I got the Thermalright Bolt Thru kit for mine, and yes as mentioned above snug is good!

Quote:
If it's not wobbling there's nothing to really worry about.
The Vendetta 2 keeps my Q9550 cores at roughly 28-38 (lowest and highest cores mentioned) celcius at idle.