Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11, 2008, 08:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
I also agree as the IFX14 is a beast....BUT how much did it cost vs a S1283? For the money Xig HDTs are hard to beat. That being said I'll stick to my Elite :)~
Agreed with you AkG..

Vendetta 2 vs TRUE vs HDT-S1283

Now if you see in that review, as you can see giving the TRUE a nice fan makes it a beast, now imagine a lapped base, makes it even more deadly!!.. After they used the Yate Loon on the TRUE, it was giving a run to the Vendetta 2.

Vendetta 2 is a nice heatsink, few improvements on it will make it almost unmatchable. But you got to give the credit to Thermalright, it took someone years to finally come out with something to beat the TRUE, they had the upper hand for years really.. I still love my lapped SI-120, and always dreamed of having an SI-128 SE.. Hell ya..

You know Xilikon, if you want to go water cooling, then might as well have some money aside, really to get a descent to good wc setup it costs abt $200.. Otherwise just get a very nice air cooler and stick to that, coz' all thos cheap wc setups are getting beat by top of the line air coolers, some of then that don't cost more than $70.

Sorry for the long post though, it was a very nice dicussion I couldn't resist. If anyone thinks I am not making sense or said something wrong, please do so say so.. I learn by my mistakes..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 11, 2008, 09:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
I had one of those STD 1283s on my Q6600. While crunching, it ran at ~54C. I replaced it tonight using an IFX-14 I had... same speed, same volts: ~46C.

I'll stick to Thermalright for a very long time still.
All fine and dandy but your comparing a ferrari to a civic.

The IFX has a HUGE advantage over any cooler due to the ability to strap on 3 fans at once!