Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 8, 2008, 12:25 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Good idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
but if the heatsink base is bad enough, laying a razor blade across it and photographing the light leaking underneath makes for a pretty vivid shot.
Old October 8, 2008, 04:33 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Meh.

Some people would complain no matter what we do.

Saying I'm not "genuine & rigorous" in my review tells me a lot about you.... 'nuff said.

Hi AkG, I could reply to all of your point but I think it would be rather futile at this time. I made my comments in the spirit of constructive criticism, it was not intended to be a personal attract on your integrity & it grieves me that you find it so.

For any distress that I have caused you; you have my sincerest apologies. Regards, Dizz

CPU: Q6600 - 3.6GHz 8x450 - 24/7 Stable
VCore: 1.45v - BIOS Setting
HSF: Ultra 120 with NF-P12 Fan x 2
Temp: TCase 41c Hotest Tj 62c

GPU: HIS IceQ3 Turbo HD3870
Temp: Celcius 29-36 Degrees - Idle
Disp: Dual 19" Standard 1280x1024

Old October 8, 2008, 06:37 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Dizz please ask any and all questions you want. No umbrage taken, no distress :) Hell I don't mind being told my review blows as you told me WHY it did for you (that's all I've ever asked). For that I thank you.

For over 22 years I have loved learning new things about computers and love even more passing it along. If I didn't I would have burned out long ago let alone volunteer my time here. I will actually being adding some of your ideas into future reviews (especially highlighting mounting info / problems into the "specs" section when available), if/when they fit into a scope of a review. Some I already do (dual fans) but I felt it wouldn't fit into the scope of this review.

All I ask from everyone is no personal attacks against me or other HWC reviewers. It may not have been given in this case but text is a very hard medium to convey things in. Being told I'm a piker...hurts. It wasn't intended so no harm no foul!

If I came across as being condescending in my answer to your questions I humbly apologize as that was not my intention. I don't claim to know everything and I certainly know I'm not perfect! So please lets continue the discussion as a different POV can only be a GOOD THING. That way we can make HWC an even better place.

ďif your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.Ē - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 8, 2008, 06:54 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Heh, I love the $/Performance comparison. Being a genuine cheap ass I want to spend the least amount possible for the best cooler. It also gives me a great picture of exactly what product is better when suggesting a product. Many people have no idea what they want, they just know how much they want to spend and it is very handy.
Old October 8, 2008, 07:53 PM
Rookie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
All I ask from everyone is no personal attacks against me or other HWC reviewers. It may not have been given in this case but text is a very hard medium to convey things in. Being told I'm a piker...hurts. It wasn't intended so no harm no foul!

Once again I am sorry if you think that there was a personal attract in my initial post, implied or otherwise. I can tell you that whether it is a professional or personal matter; I have never resorted to character assassination & never will.

I have tried as best as I could to balance what I deemed deficient against other positives. The intent was to offer a different perspective, obviously not a ďGamersĒ perspective but does that automatically make it invalid (rhetorical).

Tech sites wonder why their female readership/membership is so low, well I can tell you that in the short time that I have been on these forums that this is the second time I have had to apologise for upsetting someone, perhaps itís a boy thing & I just donít get it.

Anyway, Iím more than a little upset right now & I need to re-evaluate whether or not it is worthwhile participating in these forums anymore.

Regards, Dizz

CPU: Q6600 - 3.6GHz 8x450 - 24/7 Stable
VCore: 1.45v - BIOS Setting
HSF: Ultra 120 with NF-P12 Fan x 2
Temp: TCase 41c Hotest Tj 62c

GPU: HIS IceQ3 Turbo HD3870
Temp: Celcius 29-36 Degrees - Idle
Disp: Dual 19" Standard 1280x1024

Old October 8, 2008, 09:04 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizz View Post
Anyway, Iím more than a little upset right now & I need to re-evaluate whether or not it is worthwhile participating in these forums anymore.

Regards, Dizz
No one really needs to apologize. Let's all be honest: Text is not an easy way to communicate. We all do our best.

You are a valued member here and always will be. I recommend we all just chalk this up to lessons learned and call it a day.
Old October 8, 2008, 11:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Dizz there is no need to leave, We need more female point of view on this site. Like Sky said you are a valued member and always will be. The fact that you provided AkG with some insight to other testing methods is a plus and will only make reviews better. All our reviews like to hear constructive criticism as in each review they strive to make it better than their last.

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com