Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 4, 2008, 01:21 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default eVGA 750i SLi FTW cooling

Any aftermarket coolers for the motherboard? So far I have only seen water, but I'd like to stay with air cooling.

Just wondering if anyone has/knows of any other possibilities.

I already have a Thermalright HR-09 type 04 mosfet, which looks like it will fit perfectly, a lil copper SB jobbie which I'm not sure about the mobo's SB mounting holes....and a Thermalright HR-05 IFX for the NB...again unsure of the mounts. Still so many variables and there's still the NF200...which I hear is fine with a big ramsink.

Any and all help welcome
Old October 4, 2008, 02:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've wanted to change mine too but the problem is the layout with the SB being directly underneath the top PCIE slot it dosn't give you any height to work with at all.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 4, 2008, 02:28 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I have this for the SB...and it's a good fit.

NCIX.com - Buy Enzotech CNB-S1L Forged Copper Low Profile Northbridge Heatsink Square - CNB-S1L In Canada.

But all in all it's the NB temp that could be lowered quite a bit, allowing me to OC more with acceptable temps. The problem is with the SB, along with everything else...lolz. As the cooler for the whole mobo is one piece. Mosfet cooler is 100% compatible by Thermalrights' list, and the SB does fit nicely. It's the NB / NF200 chips that are the tricky part.