View Single Post
Old October 12, 2008, 05:29 AM
Rookie

Was going to order the Ultra off of DC, which was..$168, and now that I just checked it again they sold out.

And Vista Business, the reasoning to that was it was about $60 cheaper than Ultimate, and with all the stuff I'm buying the price puts me about $6 under my budget.

EVGA E-GEFORCE 9800GTX+ 738MHZ 512MB 2.2GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out Video Card - DirectCanada

I was looking at that video card a bit, too. I don't really want to go over $190/200 for the card right now.

As for overclocking, I'm probably going to do very little when I get it since I don't know that much about it. Once stuff starts getting outdated I'll OC a fair bit more.

I'm mainly looking at getting my stuff from DC, paying an added $15 for the RAM mentioned verse saving a bit more appeals to me.

Western Digital SE16 320GB SATA2 7200RPM 16MB Cache 8.9MS NCQ Hard Drive OEM 3YR MFR Warranty - DirectCanada

That HDD there seems pretty good, the computer I have right now is a 500GB one and I don't even use close to 100 gigs in it. Once I get more money I'll look at upgrading some of the things, like getting Ultimate, Raid, SLI.

OCZ Vendetta II is out of stock...but what about the Vendetta I, not even a dollar away from my current one.

G.SKILL F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ PC2-8000 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-1000 CL5-5-5-15 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit - DirectCanada

How's that RAM? Around $70 so I like it already...but I don't know enough about RAM, or their companies.

I'm trying to be as cheap as possible with this build..and the $1400 is after tax/shipping.