View Single Post
Old May 20, 2007, 05:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Welcome to the forum- Glad to hear you like the weight system. I have been playing with the weights, and I still am not convinced as to why someone would need to adjust the weight with that much precision, or would want to fill one of the mouse with the 4.5 gram weights- some people might feel that they like a heavy mouse, but I think they're a little bit deluded, as performance is hindered with a heavy mouse. I think they would have been better off with a much simpler system (or none at all) and shave a few bucks off the price. They probably just said to themselves "what can we do with the empty battery slot on the G7 when we make the corded model?...pez dispenser? ....ground effects lighting?...." and then someone came up with the weight idea and got a promotion.

Don't get me wrong, it's probably better than not having it, but a gimmic nonetheless. It really isn't a huge issue and I'm surprised I've spent this much time on it, but personally I am a bit turned off by non-features as I feel that the manufacturer is not giving the consumer enough credit (although, truth be told- people eat most of this stuff up).

Now- to return to the positive (because as I said, I like this mouse) I do want to mention a couple more features that I have discovered taht I like which weren't mentioned in the first post- I really like the lazer engine in this thing- I didn't realize it, but it works perfectly on pretty much any surface- glossy or not. I have one of those faux laminate desks that's quite glossy, and I just ditched my mouse pad because it works great on the desk surface.

I also like the right and left lateral clickability of the scroll wheel, and while I haven't had time to play with that feature yet, I think if it games were programmed to use one of the lateral scroll clicks instead of the verticle scroll click, then the precision would be back in your grenade tossing once again.

I also want to add that I'm a big fan of Logitec, and like most people, I've had many many of their products and I don't think I've disliked any of them.

Last edited by Babrbarossa; May 20, 2007 at 05:21 PM.